Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Because Thorpe Park is busier than Chessington? Hows that for an answer :P

Not entirely true really, last year Chessington got higher gate figures than Thorpe but still managed to have shorter queues. It can be for a number of reasons• Queues are managed better• Reliability is better• Less fastrack is sold• The park is bigger• The staff work harder on achieving higher hourly throughput's• Rides are run to their full capacityThese are all possibilities

Chessinton every time I went were always working to the timer (the red thing that counts down like the average time it will take to send the next train off / be ready). However with thorpe park. there is always some issue. They never on time.And I agree it also the way the que is managed.

Not entirely true really, last year Chessington got higher gate figures than Thorpe but still managed to have shorter queues. It can be for a number of reasons• Queues are managed better• Reliability is better• Less fastrack is sold• The park is bigger• The staff work harder on achieving higher hourly throughput's• Rides are run to their full capacityThese are all possibilities

I personally think it is PURELY down to the fact that there are loads of little sidetracks at Chessington compared to Thorpe. Cwoa has the zoo and several animal shows at various times whereas Thorpe has.. well answers on a postcard please.When at Thorpe you ride, When at Chessington, you can explore.

Chessinton every time I went were always working to the timer (the red thing that counts down like the average time it will take to send the next train off / be ready). However with thorpe park. there is always some issue. They never on time.And I agree it also the way the que is managed.

Chessington & Zoo have count down timers on rides? You mean like what used to be on Nemesis Inferno and Colossus?Either I am blind or they're aren't any at Chessington! :P

Chessington & Zoo have count down timers on rides? You mean like what used to be on Nemesis Inferno and Colossus?Either I am blind or they're aren't any at Chessington! :P

Lol maybe I wrong, I prob thinking of thorpe park's ones, who never do it in that time either.Sorry , aint been in loooonnngg time :D

There are many more options for Entertainment than there is at Thorpe Park. At Thorpe, there are just rides, rides and even more rides. At CWoA, there are rides, the zoo, sealife, areas for relaxtion, entertainment shows and 2009 was bought many new thingsDo I need to go on?

I've just found out that the only time I'm able to go would be during the half term. is there any particular day during the half term thats any quieter than the others?I'm really disapointed because I assume that everything has an hour queue during the half term:(

These questions get asked all the time, none of us are phsycic and the probability is that every day will be roughly the same queues. An hour isn't even that long.

Because most people here like Thorpe better ;) I am a very big fan of Chessington. :P

Don't get me wrong, I love THORPE PARK but not as much as Chessington & Zoo. :) Chessington is better in...-Park Atmospheres-Queuing-Staff Happiness-Having a Zoo-Having a SEALIFE Centre-Better ride availablity.-A busy day at CWoA & Zoo is never the same as TP!-CWoA & Zoo willing to extend park closing times if reaches 10K before 1pm.Do I need to go on?

Can anyone who has or is currently working at Chessington perhaps give me a quick insight as to what it is like working there? I have recently looked into job vacancies at Thorpe Park, however the location of the park from my house makes working there slightly difficult. It would be far easier and more practical to work at Chessington than Thorpe. I would love to work in any UK park, to gain what can be achieved from a theme park experience. I was just wondering if there is anyone that could share there views about working there.Thanks :P

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion