Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Mystery Shoppers are guests who come into the park and evaluate how the parks performing. You get them in basically every area of business, I had them at Tesco when I worked there as well.Just to let you guys know, Griffins Galleon has been down since Friday and may be down this week as well.

Mystery Shoppers are guests who come into the park and evaluate how the parks performing. You get them in basically every area of business, I had them at Tesco when I worked there as well.Just to let you guys know, Griffins Galleon has been down since Friday and may be down this week as well.

Thank you for explaining that. Feel like a bit of a **** now! ;)

I believe 95.8%? Really god to see how well they're doing on mystery shoppers this year, proves how well it's developed out of the hole it was stuck in after 2005.Pity that the rides do need another deep clean after a few months of being open, bit of repainting needed as well to keep it up to a constant standard.

Did anyone hear about the storries on the news concerning Chessington lately?. In the last week, I've had 3 items of interest sent to me, 1 involving a burping parot being banned from the hotel, 1 involving some lady trying to ride Berry bouncers and was told to leave, and another one involving a 4 year old wondering out the park

If Griffins Galleon has been unavailable since Friday, Why is the website not stating rides that are unavailable??

Good point.On the other hand.. having operated Griffins for some time and sometimes going hours without seeing a single person at the ride I don't think many people are complaining that it's not on the website..

Good point.On the other hand.. having operated Griffins for some time and sometimes going hours without seeing a single person at the ride I don't think many people are complaining that it's not on the website..

I remember when I went a couple of weeks ago and the operator looked so bored, thats why I thought he was making up the story about the bees on Dragons Fury I mentioned on the thead earlier. I guess I should be more trusting.

Rameses will be down for the forseeable future, it's been caked in scaffholding as of this morning - Griffins is the same and Vampire will be on one train foir the foreseeable future due to issues with other train (and the third is still in bits, before any cocky person asks about it!)Bit of a bugger eh.

Why's the third train still in bits ;) ?And whats up with the second train?

Yearly maintanence. Train 1,2,3 work from August to September, taken down to one train operation for quiet months after August, with train 1 taken off (or whatever the ones that is in the rota for the year), taken apart and put back together for March next year. That means train 1 is ready for October, so they have one fresh train for next March - Train 2 is then taken off in November and put back together for March, with all trains on the track for March (2 of them being fresh trains so they don't need to be taken apart for another year); then in May Train 3 is taken apart so it's ready for 3 train operation for August with three fresh trains, and the cycle starts again, which is currently where it is, however other problems have stopped 2 train operation for the time being.So it goes 1, 2, 3 available between March and May - 2, 3 between May and July, 1(F), 2, 3 in August, 3, 1(F) in September and 3(F), 1(F), 2 available for October.If that makes sense.

Thanks very much for that Outfit, I think I just about get it ;) Surely if one is still in bits , isn't it a bit late or cutting it fine for the summer season? I mean with school trips and stuff or if they find a piece that needs replacing they will have to order it and wait a while? I am probably being a complete and utter donut , so excuse me if I am :P

Ahh , ok . Well thanks :P I was looking for Chessington and everything :P I think I may still go anyway as it has been so so long, and even with Vampire on one train it'll still be quiter than the que in the summer. Also about Rameses , I'm going to Alton Towers on the Friday, so I'll make sure I ride Ripsaw instead :P

Ahh , ok . Well thanks :P I was looking for Chessington and everything :P I think I may still go anyway as it has been so so long, and even with Vampire on one train it'll still be quiter than the que in the summer. Also about Rameses , I'm going to Alton Towers on the Friday, so I'll make sure I ride Ripsaw instead :P

Colossus yesterday reached 120 mins on 2 trains. Vampire on 1 train being 60 mins is good! Plus, Vampire is really close to me so I would do anything for it which sounds really sad but oh well! :P

Ha :P , well it's been so long since I've ridden it I think I would too. :PCan't wait to ride, Rattlesnake, Dragon's Fury and just everything :PThink I'm gonna do Bubblworks aswell, The last time I went on it was before the revamp , but that was a very long time ago and I can only barely remember it, I remember it being absolutely amazing though... :P

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion