Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Beanoland RethemeJust a quick guide to what's happening and when ;)Rides and area will be closing on Sunday 20th September, with an event on that evening (Pie Fight, £1 entry). Hoarding will then be erected around the area, starting from next to South Admissions, wrapping round the outside of HBL, round across the are between Fury and Beanoland, up round past Snapping Crocodiles HBL unit, up past the HBL picker machine, past the old Samurai Flags, down the Service Road by the back of Dragon Falls, the wrap back across the middle of the Glade, past Madhouse, and finish at the Service Road.To prevent a dead end, the Service Road between the rear entrance from Mystic East into Beanoland will be opened up making a loop access from the Back of Mystic East, and ending at the old Samurai site, were the Extreme Bungee is now. There will be no access to Beanoland at all after the 20th September.The theming will be totally stripped down, and all rides dismantled and removed from the area to get refurbished, with the exception of Madhouse. The old Family Centre/Ice Age Attraction will be dismantled and scrapped, and the Splatupults will be removed.The park will close on 2nd November, and the rides will be ready to be reinstalled in the new area, and the new Disk-O Ride will be installed on the current location of the Dodgems, starting at the Beanoland Fountain, and finishing at the back of Dragon Falls Maintenance area. The Wave Swinger will be reinstalled at it's current location, and the Dodgems will be installed in the area currently taken up by the Splatupults/Fizz and Burp Catering unit. An insect walkthrough will be installed where the Marquee is, and the shop unit will be refitted. The Crazy Bus will be reinstalled on the current location of the Loony Ladder HBL unit.For animal side of it, a new walkthrough animal area will be installed at the back of the area, which is currently 'the Glade', believed to have different types of birds and other jungle animals.This means the new entrance will be located facing the Dragons Fury queue, currently where the Snapping Crocodiles HBL unit currently is. It is thought that the whole of the area between the old Samurai Site and the pathway down towards Transylvania will be totally repaved, as this was missed out in the time when Dragon's Fury was installed, and also that the HBL Controlled Cars will be removed in the process.

Me too it was a great area :)A trip was planned today for me to see it one last time, but has now been replaced with next week as I was informed by Chessington that I won a competition to "Run Chessington for the day" ! :)I am sooo excited :)

As I have said to you before in the PM conversations...GOOD LUCK with your tasks and enjoy it!!! :)

It was epic. What a way to send off the area after almost 10 seasons. Never seen anything like it. Management, guests, staff, all covered in custard, I can still smell it on me and I've had a shower! There were water fights, staff going after other staff members, guests chucking pie and water over staff. Seriously, it was so good, expect to see lots of videos on youtube soon.

That's awesome. Beanoland, is an area that after every year just seemed to lose it's way. When it opened there was great promise in what it could achieve what with the shows and the plan of a rollercoaster near where the Madhouse currently is, it seemed Beanoland was the future you could say. Towards the end of its life, with the shows banned because of Health and Safety and the characters barely appearing, it was a waste of some potential. Hopefully the new area will hit the goals that beanoland never quite got to.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion