Chessington General Discussion

Ash

You can get a free ticket from Millie's Cookies if you buy £4 or more of stuff from there. Might be useful if you have an odd numbered group or you could just go back later and essentially pay £8 for 2 tickets.

Or if like me you are a greedy fat bastard, you could just eat all the cookies and go back the next week :)

Eh?... If this was the Chessington section I'd explain further, but for me Chessington has taken the biggest step forward in 2010 out of all four main Merlin parks, and has surpassed Thorpe for gate figures on frequent occasions this year.Unless I've forgotten the meaning of stagantion. :blink:

We're in the Chessie section now.. :huh:I completely agree that Chessie has taken the biggest step forward this season, however, if you look at the years 05-09, the park did well and truly stagnate whilst the zoo advanced. First I've heard about Chessie surpassing Thorpe though. My post was more focusing on preceeding seasons, as opposed to this one.

I have a few questions that I have been pondering about for quite some time now. I have been to Chessington 4 times now and I am not going to go to there for a while as I have riden all the rides that interested me and have seen everything so I would not spend my money again unless there is a really good offer lol.But anyway.Why have the ticket prices increased over the 5-8 years? (they are very expensive!).What I also find strange is that the queue times are much quicker, shorter then what it was in 2003 for example, there is less people visiting the park then before but the tickets are high?

I have to say I disagree with it being particularly expensive.Compare it to other things you can do, e.g. a few friends paid £55 the other week for a Pendulum concert, that lasts a few hours.Also, the high gate price caters for the huge number of offers out there etc.I honestly don't think you can complain, and how you can choose not to go to Chessington any more, well, it's your loss.Also, there's more to do now than 2003, not only that, the target market has changed since then with Thorpe becoming the Thrill Park.

Why have the ticket prices increased over the 5-8 years? (they are very expensive!).What I also find strange is that the queue times are much quicker, shorter then what it was in 2003 for example, there is less people visiting the park then before but the tickets are high?

1. Inflation, new additions, staff wages have increased, ride maintenance costs go up as rides get older. They are expensive but only in relation to say.. doing nothing. I personally think the costs for Chessington anyway are good value. Thorpe and Alton not so much...2. Queues aren't so much shorter, it's just staff are more aware of queue busting and efficiency since Tussauds of 2003 becamse very aware of the bad publicity queues have.3. Gate Figures are far higher then you realise, the park is doing very well actually.

Yeah, That's the problem with Griffin's really- LoTD wasn't very well designed in the fact that it's tucked away, making it difficult for guests to come across it. This is why many of us think they should get rid of Truckers and open up that end of the area. I do think it's a great little area for children, shame it's not as well known by many of the guests!I can really see Chessie having really defined areas with entrances to each, having 'transition areas' like you get in the Universal and Disney Parks. A good example of this would be the area between Land of the Dragon's and Wild Asia- that's going to really work as a transition area once they develop the areas into their desired continents.

I loved Grffins. Could spend hours down there and not see a single person. Marvellous doss ride. :)

Quoted for Truth...Love Griffins, epic music, epic ride, just fab...Get rid of that crappy Zamperla attraction that annoys everyone involved and it can get the attention it rightly deserves...

Vampire - 120 minsBubbleworks - 70 minsSafari Skyway - 30 minsRattlesnake - 45 minsDragon Falls - 100 minsHeard by someone Black Buccaneer had a 30 mins queue too.They are some of the queues for yesterday.Yesterday had one of the highest gate figures since 2000! (Thanks to Outfit for that information :blink:)

I knew all this information, outift's not the only one you know!

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion