Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Was everyone secured and just sat there doing nothing for 4 minutes?

Wonder if it's a case of needing to allow the previous truck to get ahead enough? Or maybe spacing the available trucks out - have all the trucks arrived from the manufacturer now?

If it's taking so long getting everyone secured, Chessington management need to take a trip to Disney and see how they manage to get Tower of Terror elevators sent out so quickly...

If anyone is interested in any of the good stuff that Chessington has done this year, all the effects on Rattle are now working. The sleeping Mexicans and the effects in the barn are all working really well. I might be mistaken but I don’t remember ever seeing the effects in the barn before.

If anyone is interested in any of the good stuff that Chessington has done this year, all the effects on Rattle are now working. The sleeping Mexicans and the effects in the barn are all working really well. I might be mistaken but I don’t remember ever seeing the effects in the barn before.

Good good, glad to hear they are still working. They had them up and running most of last year which was nice. Though the snakes in the cave needed a good clean...

Remembering back to the opening year when you had to wait 60mins+ and having to queue in the switchbacks at the top of the pit before the stairway down. With the Mexican who would pee on you!

The blasting windows effect in the barn did work last year. The 2 waving legs sticking out of the barrel did also work after being fixed, however they don't work as well as they used to. Thinking back, I don't recall seeing the snakes working in the cave.

Rattlesnake is generally a good ride and still in good condition, it is starting to show it's signs of ageing.

Havent been in three years ... gutted as its a quality park with well themed rides. Still, try asking a group of 18 years olds to go to CWOA who have little interest in non-thrilling rides, not gonna end well!!!!!!!

I went there on my 18th so it's not that difficult, though I sense the free entry might have been a clincher :P

Yes it's the turning prior to the traffic lights for that car park, if you're coming in and the park is on your left

On the subject of parking, I wish they'd sort out their fields. They closed both car parks around 12:30 today but yet there was plenty of space but they couldn't use it due to cars getting bogged down. Can they not just Tarmac/gravel it? Seeing as its in regular use, not like the towers overflow fields

I agree with this, if they are forcing people to pay for parking then they should at least provide adequate barriers. That car park as a whole is rubbish for a park that consider themselves "One of the Uk's Leading parks..."

As for the other car park (gravel), that is acceptable for a theme park, although could still be improved.

Chessington's car parking is the worst I've seen at any park.

The fact they still only have one barrier to exit the main car park is terrible, do management actually try improve their park or do they just want to see it fall apart? Seriously it still took 20mins to get out of the car park at 7pm when most people had already gone!

The grass car park, don't get me started. Last year we could've called the situation pot-hole-gate, this year it sounds like we might have to add on a new drama: quagmire-gate.

But the main tarmacked car park is poor, the spaces are way too close together, they need more barriers.

As for the overflow car park, how much does a lorry of gravel cost to dump to fill in the holes and make the grass car parks less of a bog. Now Alton Towers main car park is what they should be aiming for.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion