Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Only a max of 3 adults due to Chessington's ridiculous H+S policies. It was built wrong so it can't run with a heavy car basically.

In wet weather it only runs 2 people per car. ;)

I guess because it's mainly a kids park it's not too bad as it would allow two adults and two children... but it's surprising how many adults (some not with kids) go to chessington though, like me lol! went in 2009 and can't remember that being the case back then as if I remember correctly the queue moved pretty quick. Went again last year and in 2010 and I think I remember only being allowed 3 adults, but was with someone with a disabled pass so never really noticed the queue - except it was massive. This is the first time I have been out of the halloween event, and definitely wouldn't go on the halloween event again (as much as I love it) if I couldn't go with my dad who can get a disabled pass, or if ihad the money to fork out on an unlimited fastpass (if they even do one?), due to the terrible throughput of all the rides, as fun/enjoyable they may be.

Sonic spinball can run 4 adults right? but it's a godsend when it's raining, just jump in the single rider queue, and within a few minutes you're on ;)

There have been a lot of complaints about inept staff this season, but does that mean things will improve slightly during the summer holiday when pre-trained staff return?

Not really, cos of the way Chessie works it's seasonals, I doubt there will be many returners from last year returning from whence they came... And there's always a air few newbies for Summer anyways...

So I wouldn't hold breath for decent staff appearing...

Hey guys! I have literally not been on this site for like 4 years...

Anyway! I have a quick question about Chessington and I figured this would be the best place to ask it. (I couldn't find any other threads, and I couldn't find it on the site).

So I'm going to Chessington for the first time in 6-7 years tomorrow and I have a Standard Merlin Annual Pass.

My concern is that I know it doesn't cover car parking, but all of us have the same standard passes so it doesn't cover any of us for parking, however none of us need to queue to get entry to the park (to buy tickets), therefore missing out the part where we buy the car parking ticket.

How do I buy one on the day without having to queue up in the morning? I'm worried I won't be able to buy one...

Hey guys! I have literally not been on this site for like 4 years...

Anyway! I have a quick question about Chessington and I figured this would be the best place to ask it. (I couldn't find any other threads, and I couldn't find it on the site).

So I'm going to Chessington for the first time in 6-7 years tomorrow and I have a Standard Merlin Annual Pass.

My concern is that I know it doesn't cover car parking, but all of us have the same standard passes so it doesn't cover any of us for parking, however none of us need to queue to get entry to the park (to buy tickets), therefore missing out the part where we buy the car parking ticket.

How do I buy one on the day without having to queue up in the morning? I'm worried I won't be able to buy one...

You can buy one (cash) when you leave the park at the Turnstiles.

£10 is far too much to feed giraffes, Chessington certainly is overpriced in many ways. They should charge £5 to feed them or even nothing at all really for this.

Starting to look like it was a bad idea of Chessington posting about that on their Facebook page with the amount of people criticising the amount and referring them to Colchester zoo.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion