Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Someone got wet paint on their coat at Chessie today so they gave them some bits from the shop, a hoodie, a big toy from the game stalls for both of their kids, and the money for the coat. Great stuff from the management.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Someone got wet paint on their coat at Chessie today so they gave them some bits from the shop, a hoodie, a big toy from the game stalls for both of their kids, and the money for the coat. Great stuff from the management.

Chessington gave money away! They barely have enough for themselves as it is.......

Guest recovery like this is great. When I used to work at Disney we had the power to do things like this as regular cast members - made life so much easier!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, went to collect our MAP's today to find the Annual Pass building is no longer outside the park, it's been moved inside to the Mexicana section by Rattlesnake, so you now have to go to the advanced ticket collection office, pick up an entrance ticket (that is free obviously) and then walk over and do the stuff.

So bear this in mind when scheduling time to collecting your pass.

The only complaint I had was there were two staff members in the office when we joined the queue, but one thought it more important to stop serving and top up the park maps and other leaflets than it was to serve the ever increasing queue, leaving the poor, obviously very new guy behind the counter to muddle his way through with a customer who was equally clueless about what an annual pass was. It was only when my son cheekily asked her whether she was going to be serving anybody soon, since the queue was ever increasing it's length out the building, that she look up, said 'oh I didn't see the length of it' before serving us (to which I laughed as she'd said 'excuse me' to people in the line half a dozen times to get from one side of the room to the other).

Other then that, got five rides on Vampire (twice front row) and three on Fury in the 45 minutes we had left, that's probably double what we'll achieve this Friday if we stay on park all day. Park looked great though, or the bits we saw did.

FYI, went to collect our MAP's today to find the Annual Pass building is no longer outside the park, it's been moved inside to the Mexicana section by Rattlesnake, so you now have to go to the advanced ticket collection office, pick up an entrance ticket (that is free obviously) and then walk over and do the stuff.

The only complaint I had was there were two staff members in the office when we joined the queue, but one thought it more important to stop serving and top up the park maps and other leaflets than it was to serve the ever increasing queue, leaving the poor, obviously very new guy behind the counter to muddle his way through with a customer who was equally clueless about what an annual pass was. It was only when my son cheekily asked her whether she was going to be serving anybody soon, since the queue was ever increasing it's length out the building, that she look up, said 'oh I didn't see the length of it' before serving us (to which I laughed as she'd said 'excuse me' to people in the line half a dozen times to get from one side of the room to the other).

Other then that, got five rides on Vampire (twice front row) and three on Fury in the 45 minutes we had left, that's probably double what we'll achieve this Friday if we stay on park all day. Park looked great though, or the bits we saw did.

Great job Chessington.

Erm... So someone could potentially claim they are collecting an annual pass and enter the park for free?

Can I have a zoomed in image of the hole in the Tomb Blaster firepit, please?

Tomb Blaster was closed all day.

Here are the pictures I managed to get before my phone ran out.

Done up entrance

b05aaf3ffad3537c4cedc96a25a4d50c.jpg

Rattlesnake was also closed. It was testing at the end of the day though.

79c75487b734c18baa728eb0b65692a1.jpg

Repainted Mexicana. The MAP desk is in the second building along and is named "The Hub".

0fb02a7e16c292ef1c40a04c3bed7aab.jpg

Looks nice, also comes with some new audio in the outdoor seating area.

f9d9ddfcf9d0828c31780377f54ad8fb.jpg

Sweet shop looks really nice, I don't think I got it in the picture but there's a house-shaped tunnel in the wall as an entrance for little ones.

c89980c721160149ee8f8f29c06e4bfc.jpg

Trail of the Kings

773bfd881180d2be0dac4865b7854c28.jpg

A new treasure hunt thing.

c8c0cfcb06891ee6db9e51e0d7426ab8.jpg

New for 2016!

d4f84be9cd4bd93efbb12659e91259c1.jpg

Welding in the lion enclosure

b3a86a7739dd17f2db2d339d2be5e48c.jpg

Great touch

3d2493937ace8794587d8b1a3d2f7389.jpg

Hard to see but a tiger statue near the tigers

fc3629a3b48c540322585f38ad13eda2.jpg

Nice new interactive stuff.

2eeaf8995cb44c027270468f47df472a.jpg

More theming near the tigers. The stone tiger head above the bolder actually has "emerald" encrusted eyes.

eeb55bfd045c7c0fb32031c43aff4b7d.jpg

Theming

9197138eb005823a6d8de54ee946fd16.jpg

Just what we feared.

92c50c00f58f13fcac43b62523d7e5ba.jpg

Newly decorated.

8d8bc000fe098d2880325fb38c7a4607.jpg

A nice detail.

a93860084be6000924af73bd18a3a1d3.jpg

Pandamonium video.

https://vimeo.com/160463285

How can animatronics be so adorable? Bit disappointed he doesn't do much though.

https://vimeo.com/160463328

Repaint

a2d2367ab50fc405d7dd4fabcc7807fc.jpg

And that's all. Most rides closed at least once today and those rides were testing. Toadie's, Tomb Blaster, Rattlesnake and Griffins Galleon all unavailable.

The new Sweet Shop is dreadful this year. Why ruin the cute and pretty exterior that was only remodelled two years ago anyway? Sure, the inside was a bit unfitting, but they've only gone and made that worse.

It was a pretty and traditional style outlet the last few years, with nice signs and a little reference to that Arthur character. Now it's just all flowers, rock sweets and boring Grilled Cheese font that isn't at all English Market Town-esque. But yay, there's vinyls. 

I just don't get it. Why when everything else this year has been done so well, did the manage to cock up so spectacularly on a Sweet Shop refurbishment that didn't need doing anyway. Ahhh, help me.

Those entrance huts look nasty.

Is Bubble station lit up by your camera, or is it really badly in person?

Absolutely loving Ashok tribute though.

It's my camera, but it is quite bright in real life.

I prefer the entrance huts before, however I do like these ones plus the others are painted like giraffes and zebras and such.

BubbleWorks had all its lighting bodged (even more) over winter when new LEDs were installed and now all scenes are randomly mixed colours pointing in different directions or just bright white. Because it's not as if lighting is an art or anything that could look amazing if done professionally

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion