Chessington General Discussion

Ash

A last minute Chessington trip has been sprung upon me later this week. We will have to rush of at the end so we won't be able to stay the duration that the parks open. I've never been before so I want to make sure we get on things that we want to.

I'm up for all rides at the park. So, which order do you recommend I ride the rides? Do I start with Dragons fury or Vampire?  Also, any other tips are much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

A last minute Chessington trip has been sprung upon me later this week. We will have to rush of at the end so we won't be able to stay the duration that the parks open. I've never been before so I want to make sure we get on things that we want to.

I'm up for all rides at the park. So, which order do you recommend I ride the rides? Do I start with Dragons fury or Vampire?  Also, any other tips are much appreciated!

Thanks.

For some reason I'm really happy you're going. You're missing out!

What ride you start with depends where you enter. If you enter via Explorer Gate then Fury will be right in front of you. Vampy is closer to the Lodge Gate using the main paths however there's a shortcut next to Black Buccanneer through a graveyard with the names of past characters eg prof. Burp. Rattlesnake is good and Scorpion Express is a Flying Fish clone (Scorpion is the original) however not as rough and faster. Kobra is good, Dragon Falls is fairly standard, Black Buccanneer is the best pirate ship I've ridden and Monkey Swinger is a soaker in the right seats. I can't speak for Rameses. Tomb Blaster is good, Zufari is alright for seeing animals but you could just go in Wanyama Reserve, Sea Storm is a fun Rocky Express-a-like which spins round and Griffins Galleon is a Heave Ho. There are some kids rides too but with queues and such itd be an idea to leave most of them, you're not missing much. The zoo is pretty standard but whether you want to visit it or not os up to you.

For food, Chessie has basically all the Merlin in-house outlets, a sandwich shop and the hotel restaurants. The Temple restaurant is a small buffet with burgers, sausages, chips, ribs and the like and Zafari is a grill. Both have bars.

In terms of merch Chessie have a few mugs and stuff, Kobra Zufari and Vampire have resins and not many good t shirts are sold.

Oh, and for Vampire try and get closer to the back, it's less painful there.

Hope you enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chessiekid said:

Anyone else heard anything about a carousel planned for Market Square. I'm not sure if its moving the current one or getting an entirely new one but apparently this is something happening next year in place of the donuts shack. Was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this? 

From this post down

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM, mah boi said:

SouthParks have reported chessington submitting a planning application to move the carousel to the Market Square area. I'm surprised by this decision, but also welcome it as it is nice to see money being put into the park. However, I was surprised by how much chessington owns, (as the image shows) as I thought it wasn't much more than what the park is now. http://www.southparks.co.uk/2016/08/10/chessington-world-of-adventures-resort-to-install-new-carousel/

Image_1.jpg

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion