Chessington General Discussion

Ash

3 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

Have they blocked off the old entrance for single riders and the disabled queue?

No, these post it notes are meant to stop single riders going in the disabled queue and vice versa. Despite the fact the gate is open anyway and you queue at the top of the stairs.

When I was last there, admittedly on the quietest day in the world, they were unlocking the barriers just outside and merging the queue there. No single rider queue open but I can see with the set up how it's confusing. Also, of all the Merlin rides how does a *log flume* still have a single rider queue?

21 hours ago, streetmagix said:

When I was last there, admittedly on the quietest day in the world, they were unlocking the barriers just outside and merging the queue there. No single rider queue open but I can see with the set up how it's confusing. Also, of all the Merlin rides how does a *log flume* still have a single rider queue?

That single rider queue is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen ? They use it to give you an entire boat to yourself. And the queue only goes as far as the batch point, so even if they wanted to use it to fill empty seats, they couldn’t, because it doesn’t actually go into the station. 

The queue for Tiger Rock has regularly been out the entrance, spilling into to the main area because they turned the old extension queue into this pointless (and clearly no longer used) single rider pen. The main queue line as it stands can probably hold only a max 50 minutes worth of guests. Which for the park’s sole water ride (and their advertised new attraction) simply isn’t adequate. 

The single rider line needs to go! Asap! 

9 hours ago, Benin said:

Europa have a budget though, Chessie have to make do with what's left after the big boys have had their turn on the money pile...

"But Nick, when do WE get £30million for something new?"

Come on, lack of budget? That justifies them using post it notes as official signage? Why don’t they dress the staff in bin bags then? Uniforms are expensive.

11 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

Come on, lack of budget? That justifies them using post it notes as official signage? Why don’t they dress the staff in bin bags then? Uniforms are expensive.

It won’t be official, If / when marketing see it it will be removed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Benin said:

Very unfortunate, would hate to be the Media team today...

Unfortunately things happen, and when people have paid money - not matter what the reason - people will complain even if its not their fault. Sure the media team can deal with it, it is their job after all ? 

49 minutes ago, GetEchoes said:

Unfortunately things happen, and when people have paid money - not matter what the reason - people will complain even if its not their fault. Sure the media team can deal with it, it is their job after all ? 

Is that like where people leave their rubbish on tables and say 'well it's their job to clean up after me' as if thats an excuse to be an unreasonable, ignorant idiot. 

9 hours ago, GetEchoes said:

I think you should put your feet in a job, in  when something goes wrong and isn’t your fault, people are short tempered, confrontational and intolerant regardless of how helpful, empathetic and apologetic you could ever be. 

There are are people who work in these parks that receive a considerate amount of abuse and threats, just because they are trying to do their jobs. 

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion