Chessington General Discussion

Ash

11 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

You also get a prime view of the mass refurbishment that is happening to transform Tomb Blaster back into Terror Tomb for the 2021 season.. I heard dan from the donut stall is happy to give more info :)

@JoshuaA who is Dan from the doughnut stall? @JoshuaA your post gives even more evidence to show that this rumour is probably true. I knew the rumour was more than likely true as it was fuelled by Nick Hudson one of the people who is returning Forbidden Tomb to Chessington.

6 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@JoshuaA who is Dan from the doughnut stall? @JoshuaA your post gives even more evidence to show that this rumour is probably true. I knew the rumour was more than likely true as it was fuelled by Nick Hudson one of the people who is returning Forbidden Tomb to Chessington.

If you struggle with when and when not to take things literally maybe look at a posts reacts to give you a steer. 🙂

On 12/3/2020 at 9:06 AM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

I’ve heard the same thing! Mr Gul Lible messaged me the other day. Forbidden Tomb is returning!

8 hours ago, MarkC said:

I’ve heard the same thing! Mr Gil Lible messaged me the other day. Forbidden Tomb is returning!

@MarkC who is Mr Gil Lible or is this a fictional character as part of a joke,like the one that @JoshuaA pulled? If you are joking you’ll regret it next season (2021) when you see that Tomb Blaster has been transferred back to Forbidden Tomb in an extensive refurbishment!!!

4 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@MarkC who is Mr Gil Lible or is this a fictional character as part of a joke,like the one that @JoshuaA pulled? If you are joking you’ll regret it next season (2021) when you see that Tomb Blaster has been transferred back to Forbidden Tomb in an extensive refurbishment!!!

I mean if the rumours are coming directly from Gil himself then this will definitely enlarge and thicken my belief.

8 hours ago, Hethetheth said:

I mean if the rumours are coming directly from Gil himself then this will definitely enlarge and thicken my belief.

@Hethetheth who is this Mr Gil who you all keep taking about? Is Mr Gil a high up Merlin Entertainments \Chessington employee? I am glad that you have all accepted that the return of Forbidden Tomb is real news and that you should all be excited.

I think it's time to state this simply.

There has been no confirmation by the park that Tomb Blaster is receiving any work, or a re-theme. It might happen, it might not. 

Until then, rumours are just that: rumours. It doesn't matter if Nick Hutson, Theme Park Giraffe, Doughnut Dan, Gil Lible or Professor Pepsi Burp have "confirmed" or said stuff. 

The best thing to do is to wait until a park confirms something before believing it. Until then, it's best to take anything else with a pinch of salt and not think something is definitely happening just because some guy said so.

23 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Hethetheth who is this Mr Gil who you all keep taking about? Is Mr Gil a high up Merlin Entertainments \Chessington employee? I am glad that you have all accepted that the return of Forbidden Tomb is real news and that you should all be excited.

I also have some exclusive genuine news that Room on the Broom will be called Room in the Hocus Pocus Hall next year!

The maze will go back to also using its previous name because Nick the cleaner found an old sign from Hocus Pocus Hall and thought of how good it would look added to the current sign.

Inside the maze you will be required to wear 3D glasses once again, not because anything is in 3D, but just because they look funky.

Whilst they are at it, I have also heard:

• Professor Burps Bubbleworks is returning and replacing Gruffalo (they’ll use remaining props and printed cardboard 
  • Scorpion Express will be renamed Runaway Train, minus the rockwork
  • Tiger Rock will be renamed Dragon Falls. Again minus the rockwork 

Chessington. All back Right!

1 hour ago, Matt Creek said:

Whilst they are at it, I have also heard:

• Professor Burps Bubbleworks is returning and replacing Gruffalo (they’ll use remaining props and printed cardboard 
  • Scorpion Express will be renamed Runaway Train, minus the rockwork
  • Tiger Rock will be renamed Dragon Falls. Again minus the rockwork 

Chessington. All back Right!

The Chessington Classic are returning!!

• 3 months later...

I have just looked at the updated CWOA App. The App dose not include Tomb Blaster on the rides list. Could this indicate that my statement about the return of Forbidden Tomb maybe correct? please could my fellow forum members give me their views about the reason for Tomb Blaster being removed,from the App. I still believe that Tomb Blaster is having a major refurbishment and we will receive an official announcement.on the relaunch of  Tomb Blaster as Forbidden Tomb. If my predictions are correct I hope that all of the broken effects are repaired as well as maybe a Ghost Train atmosphere. My vision for the re-themed Tomb Blaster would be a trip around a haunted Tomb with gooles and ghosts. I think that Abdab's son could be a jewel thief like his dad and take you on a guided tour around his terrifying tomb. 

In other Chessington news from the app it would appear the that Tiger Rock shop, that I didn't even realize was closed, will reopen.

Please share all Chessington news,predictions and speculation in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

I have just looked at the updated CWOA App. The App dose not include Tomb Blaster on the rides list. Could this indicate that my statement about the return of Forbidden Tomb maybe correct?

Gruffalo and Room on the Broom are also not listed, neither is Sealife. So I assume they have just (temporarily) removed attractions which are not going to reopen when the park opens on April 12th.

If Tomb Blaster was going to be rethemed back to Forbidden Tomb I'm fairly certain we would have heard something official by now.

• 4 weeks later...

Theme Park Guide are doing a live feed of Chessington's opening: https://live.themeparkguide.biz/?live=CWOA21

The entrance to the park has many pedestrian barriers, but with BUNTING:

image.png

And also Croc Drop has this not-temporary-at-all-looking statue outside its entrance:

image.png

Also, the park are charged £3.50 for a map. THREE POUND BLOODY FIFTY.

THREE

POUND

FIFTY

PENCE

40 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Also, the park are charged £3.50 for a map. THREE POUND BLOODY FIFTY.

THREE

POUND

FIFTY

PENCE

TBH it was bound to happen.

The fan page quoted above sell them on eBay in bundles.

Nowadays enthusiasts will just abuse and take a pile to sell in future years.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, Matt Creek said:

This “Tomb Blaster year xxxx Refurbishment” thing is becoming more speculative than what the next iPhone will be like?

And yes. I suspect the reason why Tomb isn’t listed currently is due to enclosed attractions not being able to open just yet. Hopefully May.

@Matt Creek,unfortunately due to the Coronavirus restrictions Chessington Buzz nor Theme Park Guide could ride Tomb Blaster today. Chessington Buzz said too me via Facebook that no external changes have taken place to Tomb Blaster. Of course this does not guarantee that Forbidden Tomb has returned in all but name. Obviously the Forbidden Tomb sign is still above the entrance so the canvas sign saying Tomb Blaster could be taken away at the last minute to expose the Forbidden Tomb one. 

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion