Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Can anyone who has or is currently working at Chessington perhaps give me a quick insight as to what it is like working there? I have recently looked into job vacancies at Thorpe Park, however the location of the park from my house makes working there slightly difficult. It would be far easier and more practical to work at Chessington than Thorpe. I would love to work in any UK park, to gain what can be achieved from a theme park experience. I was just wondering if there is anyone that could share there views about working there.Thanks :P

My mate from School works there. He in Retail. He says it's fantastic! In his opinion he finds it much better job then if he were at Thorpe cos there many small delightful Children there where as if at Thorpe would prob be rude teens. R&A team have some good ride working areas. Overall I would think it fantastic job, but like you said in the Thorpe Park Jobs forum, think how much money you would make each week with your travel.. 10 pound for a full working day at Saturday isn't really much. But you got another job, so it wouldn't matter that much, it would be great experience to work there. I was but not so sure now for going for more paying job for Gap year stuff in future. But yeah, Go for it! Could be best job of your life.

In his opinion he finds it much better job then if he were at Thorpe cos there many small delightful Children there where as if at Thorpe would prob be rude teens.

I'm sorry, I know Thorpe has a reputation for chavs but that is a bit of an unfair judgement on Thorpe Park, its worth pointing out that its only a very very small minority of chavs at Thorpe who are there to cause trouble.

Just to let you know people who are looking for jobs with Merlin Entertainments, you may not think that its alot but starting salarys are £19,500.

I'm sorry, I know Thorpe has a reputation for chavs but that is a bit of an unfair judgement on Thorpe Park, its worth pointing out that its only a very very small minority of chavs at Thorpe who are there to cause trouble.

They are annoying but thats a fair point not alot of them actually cause trouble.

I'll just say that's it's very very unlikely for an all out gang war (which spreads from ride to ride throughout the park) to occur at Chessington.He's right though, Cwoa does have a slightly... softer environment then Thorpe. Whether that's an advantage or a disadvantage is completely up to you.

I'll just say that's it's very very unlikely for an all out gang war (which spreads from ride to ride throughout the park) to occur at Chessington.He's right though, Cwoa does have a slightly... softer environment then Thorpe. Whether that's an advantage or a disadvantage is completely up to you.

If I'm honest I think that an all out gang war is very very unlikely at Thorpe too! I think the security and occasional police presence is good anyway. We all slate Thorpe a lot for being a chav park but how many times do you see people being beaten up by chavs at Thorpe or hearing of robberys at Thorpe etc. Chessington is without a doubt the nicer environment to work in by the looks of it, but I just had to put my two cents in there about the chavs.

This year I haven't actually seen the amount of chavs at Thorpe than I have in previous years. Of course they're still there as always but they aren't exactly flocks of them like there used to be.

I completely agree with you. I seemed to me as though there was an decrease in the heards of chavs, and an increase in the 20-30 year old age group. There also seemed to be a decrease in the numbers of girls with those glaring luminous tights. :)Also, there are still chavs around, but to be completely honest, I don't mind them at all and they really don't make a different to my day. As James said above, the number of times you see chavs acting violently in Thorpe Park (or any theme park), is very low if any, because of the tight security at the park.

This year I haven't actually seen the amount of chavs at Thorpe than I have in previous years. Of course they're still there as always but they aren't exactly flocks of them like there used to be.

The Credit Crunch is hitting the chavs! :)

Stop being a Thorpe fanboy - lets face it, it's gotten worse in Chav Density.

I have do disagree with this. I have also noticed a slight decrease, not necessarily in the number of chavs, but the amount of large groups seem to have lowered.

Stop presuming why I said it.This is from my previous visits this year. Last years Fright Nights was dreadful for chav density. They were literally crawling all over the place. Same for normal days as well, it was probably the worst year for chavs from my experiences. This year I just haven't seen as much as normal there, and I've heard from loads of others who have also noticed this.

So.. only one day with a ride closed all day so far this season..GO CHESSIE

What ride was closed at Chessington World of Adventues & Zoo? :D Don't remember seeing a ride unavailable on the website. :) But then again, compared to THORPE PARK, one is excallent and this far into the season :DGo chessie! :( (sorry Mark, had to copy that :()

What ride was closed at Chessington World of Adventues & Zoo? :D Don't remember seeing a ride unavailable on the website. :) But then again, compared to THORPE PARK, one is excallent and this far into the season :DGo chessie! :( (sorry Mark, had to copy that :()

This statistic really proves that Chessington is far superior, in providing service and no disappointment in terms of Ride Availability.

Let's compare; (Judging by the last time I have been to Chessington and Thorpe for example) Thorpe Park - Stealth, SAW, Slammer, Tidal Wave Unavailable Logger's Leap, Samurai, Colossus, Quantum late opening at 11am. Chessington - All rides available. All rides open on park opening time at 10am.Do I really need to say anything else?

That ride was Billy's Whizzer and that was about 4 weeks ago.Another statistic for you, so far in the season, Dragons Fury has only opened late twice.

That is great! :) Probably bad for you though if Dragon's Fury is opening late as you have to put up with guests from the start moaning about there bag will be stolen if left on the exit plaform! :(:(

Chessington's reliability is a hell-of-a-lot better than Thorpe AND....Thorpe have been a lot more reliable in recent years. I am very proud of both parks and I wish them all the best :)

Someone at Thorpe seriously needs to drive 30 mins up the road to see how they do things!Great start to the season!

That ride was Billy's Whizzer and that was about 4 weeks ago.Another statistic for you, so far in the season, Dragons Fury has only opened late twice.

I know Vampire has been later opening because I waited at the entrance for an hour last time I went to CWOA!Has Vampire been opening on time lately?

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion