Chessington General Discussion

Ash

But where do you go, as I'll probably be going in via the south entrance (the grass parking) and I have no idea of how to get it, as if I need to go to North entrance then I will.

If you are entitled to ERT - Usually they will meet you by Lodge Gate (North) and walk you over to Explorer Gate (South).This is currently the case for ERT at the moment in Wild Asia and Land of the Dragons excluding Dragon's Fury.Might of changed since but that was the last ERT info I was told. :P

Thanks for the help but just one last question, do they check in anyway that you're staying there? Or is there anyway of getting round it?

I don't do the ERT but I would imagine they would have a list provided from the hotel.I think you have to say the day before or something whether you are interested so they have plenty of time to produce a list.I have seen some hotel guests go through the gates by Wanyama Village but been told usually it is Explorer.(Best way - turn up and see what they say to you on the day :P)

ERT is for hotel guests only. I think it is just Wild Asia they get entry to, but I don't know that for sure..If you enter at the North entrance (one by Wild Asia), you do get in the park from 9:30 onwards, but you can only queue for rides (or the entrance of Wild Asia) but cannot ride them till 10.

Basically I'm just asking if anyone has been to Chessington mid-week recently, and how it compares to Thorpe Park's queue times. Personally I'd expect Chessington to be quieter, but if anyone has actually visited then that would be great. Your thoughts? Thanks :P

After four years of probably being more in favour of Thorpe than Chessington, my visit for the first time in 2010 two weeks ago has now pulled me into the dark side convinced me I actually prefer Chessington now. Wheey. :P

LIKE! :P

Basically I'm just asking if anyone has been to Chessington mid-week recently, and how it compares to Thorpe Park's queue times. Personally I'd expect Chessington to be quieter, but if anyone has actually visited then that would be great. Your thoughts? Thanks :P

Friend went to Chessington WoA today:Vampire and Dragon's Fury - 5 minsThen went to Thorpe Park (Same day):Nemesis Inferno - 20 minsDetonator - 15 mins Hope this helps :P

Wild Asia opens at 9.30 on weekends and school holiday opening days, for guests from Explorer gate - or now as Kobra is shut, they use Fury.Hotel guests use the same area as guests from Explorer Gate, but obviously areas do change as its a new concept of Kobra being closed..

I visisted on the 17th (a Thursday) and the park was pretty much empty... I didn't even use my disabled wristband for most of the rides. I think the longest Queue I saw was for Dragons Fury and that was only 20 minutes... We had re-rides on some rides too (Revenge, Buccaneer, runaway train) It was great :P

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion