Ash

General Discussion

19 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

That link isn't correct. It's for Twinlakes, not Flamingo Land 

3 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Eh? This is the HSE improvement notice that the Riderater site is talking about:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/notices/notices/Notice_details.asp?SF=CN&SV=307127123

Which state's it's relating to Twinlakes.

Oh sorry, not really read this thread much and missed the start of the article.

Since the last comment was about Flamingo Land I assumed it was for that!

My mistake!

Does anyone know as of when rameses revenge was reduced to just one cycle, making the ride significantly shorter then before and causing it to lose its kick a bit.

It's actually 21 years old this year - so it's basically dead anyway. Place your bets for removal date considering Ripsaw was disposed of this year and was 2 years younger than Ramases.

2024, this is Chessington remember!

I would love to see Ramesis replaced with a modern top scan like Talocan or even a complete rebuild.

But seeing Merlin being Merlin,I can't see this happening and as a result the ride is slowly being driven into the ground which is a shame.

1 hour ago, Matt10 said:

At least the fountains still work..

...which will also be the exact words about Bubbleworks when all the effects go bust apart from one next week... ;)

A last minute Chessington trip has been sprung upon me later this week. We will have to rush of at the end so we won't be able to stay the duration that the parks open. I've never been before so I want to make sure we get on things that we want to.

I'm up for all rides at the park. So, which order do you recommend I ride the rides? Do I start with Dragons fury or Vampire?  Also, any other tips are much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

A last minute Chessington trip has been sprung upon me later this week. We will have to rush of at the end so we won't be able to stay the duration that the parks open. I've never been before so I want to make sure we get on things that we want to.

I'm up for all rides at the park. So, which order do you recommend I ride the rides? Do I start with Dragons fury or Vampire?  Also, any other tips are much appreciated!

Thanks.

For some reason I'm really happy you're going. You're missing out!

What ride you start with depends where you enter. If you enter via Explorer Gate then Fury will be right in front of you. Vampy is closer to the Lodge Gate using the main paths however there's a shortcut next to Black Buccanneer through a graveyard with the names of past characters eg prof. Burp. Rattlesnake is good and Scorpion Express is a Flying Fish clone (Scorpion is the original) however not as rough and faster. Kobra is good, Dragon Falls is fairly standard, Black Buccanneer is the best pirate ship I've ridden and Monkey Swinger is a soaker in the right seats. I can't speak for Rameses. Tomb Blaster is good, Zufari is alright for seeing animals but you could just go in Wanyama Reserve, Sea Storm is a fun Rocky Express-a-like which spins round and Griffins Galleon is a Heave Ho. There are some kids rides too but with queues and such itd be an idea to leave most of them, you're not missing much. The zoo is pretty standard but whether you want to visit it or not os up to you.

For food, Chessie has basically all the Merlin in-house outlets, a sandwich shop and the hotel restaurants. The Temple restaurant is a small buffet with burgers, sausages, chips, ribs and the like and Zafari is a grill. Both have bars.

In terms of merch Chessie have a few mugs and stuff, Kobra Zufari and Vampire have resins and not many good t shirts are sold.

Oh, and for Vampire try and get closer to the back, it's less painful there.

Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry for the double post but Chessie have only gone and got some lovely gates at the South car park entrance! I'll get a picture next time because I missed it this time.

A friend of mine is at Chessington today. His facebook update...

Women poured into their outfits. Outlandish shorts and piss poor tattoos. Like somebody took Blackpool pleasure beach and stuck it in Surrey.

:lol: