Ash

General Discussion

4139 posts in this topic

Black Buccaneer looks fab.

I know the grey weather doesn't help, but in those photos my goodness doesn't Chessie look run down? What a state.

10 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

I believe Back Buccaneer looks so fresh because its received a comepletely new shell this year; rather than just a normal repaint.

It's been painted. :)

Amarghh likes this

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Benin said:

As in the stage isn't coming back or the Penguins show?

There's a new backdrop gone up (literally a clipart picture of the sun) so Id assume the show

8 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

There's a new backdrop gone up (literally a clipart picture of the sun) so Id assume the show

Isn't that from the Penguin show? The swirl behind the doors whenever they open? 

4 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Isn't that from the Penguin show? The swirl behind the doors whenever they open? 

Yes it is, never noticed that.

Great clip. 

Staff paid £2.20 ph, entrance £8.25! How times change! And if their prices had risen with inflation the entrance price should now be just over £20, not £50

Strange seeing buccaneer with no Vampire behind it.

On 18/02/2017 at 7:14 AM, pluk said:

Great clip. 

Staff paid £2.20 ph, entrance £8.25! How times change! And if their prices had risen with inflation the entrance price should now be just over £20, not £50

Strange seeing buccaneer with no Vampire behind it.

You could say that in a way, the admission price still is just over £20 given only a complete moron would pay full gate price. I suspect back in 1990, splashing two for one vouchers everywhere as marketing wasn't really a thing, and prices have been inflated to take these into account.

Skyway was certainly a wonderful attraction in it's peak, as not only did it provide a short break from the more adventurous attractions but some loverly and interesting views of the park above. 

Its a shame the ride was removed last year even though it was literally falling apart and parts of the route didn't work as well they once did. The attraction could've certainly lived on had the effort been made to update the trains and hardware which would also fit in strongly within it's current  adventure style too.

The monorail bahn at Europa reminds me a lot of what skyway once was and is perhaps the nearest experience to Chessington's now extinct monorail.

wegloo and Josh3103 like this