Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I wouldn't get too excited, if you click here for the Transylvania area, you'll see it has Bubbleworks listed with Imperial Leather, and the logo. If you click the link there is a bit of info about the ride plus pictures from inside.I think Chessington have used plain text for the ride names on the map so it's easier for people to read.

Wheter there is an imperial leather bit on the map or not, the fact is that the contract with them does not run out til the end of this season the same as Beanolands contract. So the rubber ducks will be remaining with the Proffesor for another season at least.Quack Quack!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The 465 is the bus you would like to get from Kingston - Cromwell road bus station, it only takes 20 minutes to get into the park from there, the 71 route may take slightly longer. The park is open on Saturday for those with special tickets such as Marc. On Sunday annual pass holders will be allowed into the park, as the event is not widely advertised we are not expecting a huge gate figure so the queues should not be too long, its definitely worth coming down to have a look at all the changed that have been made over the closed season this year!

Noo, you don't want to get the 465 at the moment! There are road works on Hook Road, one side of the road is closed and there are temporary traffic lights which means you spend a good 15 minutes sitting in queues.

Ah I didn't realize the other day, alternative travel shall be arranged for tomorrow now, thank you Alex ;) If your traveling from Kingston, get a train from there to Raynes Park where you can change platforms and from platform 4 you can get a train to Chessington South.

was Boris the larger of the sealions?R.I.P. Boris :lol:

Boris was indeed very large. This information was not meant to be released so early after the event and for others information this was not released by myself. Boris the Sealion fathered over 40 pups and has died aged 28. He died in the early hours of yesterday morning and shall be very much missed by the staff and guests at Chessington.

Just to lighten the mood.... there have been staff previews at the Pizza and Pasta restuarant, that replaced KFC and Pizza Hut.The interior is very fresh and warm, lots of plants and pictures of the animals from the Zoo. Staff were amazing, great service and just to mention, it was by far the best pizza I've ever eaten. Pasta was scrummy, too.Only downside was that I couldn't physically fit anything else in my belly! :lol:

Yeah, me too. I'm off BK for a while after my recent experience.I've had a flyer come through the post about a Chessington preivew day tomorrow (22nd). It has an address of Merlin Entertainments, Lexicon House, Midleton Road, Guildford GU2 8XP on it, in small writing. I knew of the Merlin in Chessington's Barwell Business Park, but Guildford?

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion