Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I think that Boris's funeral should be the same day as Jade Goody they looked alike so no one will know the difference lolBut getting back to the topic I agree Mcdonalds was alot better than Burger King but with Merlin getting rid of the franchise's I dont think burger king iis too far behind KFC and Pizza Hut.

You're right, something is wrong. Honestly, Adz is useless and rude.

No, he's not.In all honesty, it's probably just some technical problems he's having. All websites go down, like it or not. Look at reride?. That's had it's share of downtime.He's done better than you have, when did you try and put a website up for us to get theme park music?Anyway back ontopic, does anyone know if there's any rides still undergoing winter checks and there for will be down saturday?

Unlike some other popular southern theme parks, all the rides at Chessington should be open as winter maintenence has been completed on time.

Thanks. The main reason I asked was because of the extensive downtime of Bubbleworks last year, but maybe that was just a 1 off. Looks good for saturday

Bubbleworks was down as I believe they were rebuilding the lift and drop. It's had nothing as extensive this year. All rides were open at the weekend and Rattlesnake, Bubbleworks and Skyway have been running all this week so don't worry about them not being open :ninja:

For anyone going to Chessington's opening day tomorrow.... all going well, there will be 100% ride availability. I've never been so proud and motivated about working at Chessington, there are a lot of changes going on, all for the better.I'm confident that the new Senior Management team is the best the park has ever had and are more passionate as ever about their park. David Smith is such a lovely bloke, hope he does well there.It's going to be a great season :)

Very much agree. Chessington may not have got anything for a while and whilst this year has only seen revamps, I think what they have done has been very much over-due. With the park having 100% ride reliability from the word go and judging by the excellent up-time seen at the park today, this could be Chessingtons best season, for a very long time.

Just some travel information for anybody planning on visiting Chessington tomorrow.

London Waterloo to Chessington South: Trains will be replaced by buses between Clapham Junction and Chessington South

Trains will be running from London Waterloo to Clapham Junction, and then you will have to sit on a bus from there to Chessington. Allowing extra time for the journey would be a good idea :)

• 2 weeks later...

SAD FAREWELL TO BORIS, THE LEGEND OF SEALION BAY AT Chessington & ZOOBoris, the beloved Californian Sealion at Chessington & Zoo, has died at the age of 28. Boris was a whopping 100 in human years and lived beyond the typical Sealion lifespan of 15-25 years.Arriving from Alabama Zoo in 1987, Boris resided at his poolside retreat for over two decades, becoming a European record breaker and lovingly known as ‘Bonking Boris’ after fathering an incredible 40 pups! Head of Animal Behaviour Will Elgar says “Boris has always been an idol to staff and guests and his legacy will always live on at Chessington & Zoo, though stories, staff and most of all his pups, Boston, Dante and Harley. He will be sadly missed and fondly remembered by all that knew him.”

Dragons Fury : 80 MinutesVampire : 60 MinutesTiny Truckers : 35 MinutesDragons Falls : 20 MinutesRameses Revenge : 10 MinutesTomb Blaster : 20 MinutesRunaway Train 30 MinutesRattlesnake : 30 MinutesSafari Skyway : 20 Minutes--Thats what I would guess at if the weather tomorrow is average. Go to Thorpe Park... don't bother with Chessington they are not WORTH the TIME.

Thanks very much , looks like my decision is made! :P , TBH I was almost certain on chessington but then I saw in the easter que times topic that they were relatively low , well minute actually compared what they were when I went on teusday , and then you just helped finalise my decision , thanks

Dragons Fury : 80 MinutesVampire : 60 MinutesTiny Truckers : 35 MinutesDragons Falls : 20 MinutesRameses Revenge : 10 MinutesTomb Blaster : 20 MinutesRunaway Train 30 MinutesRattlesnake : 30 MinutesSafari Skyway : 20 Minutes--Thats what I would guess at if the weather tomorrow is average. Go to Thorpe Park... don't bother with Chessington they are not WORTH the TIME.

If Chessington & Zoo is not worththe time, then why have a chessington picture?!I would still rather Chessington than THORPE PARK, mainly because of Vampire and Dragon's Fury! :P

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion