Ash

General Discussion

No, cannot access that area of the park until opening day (unless there's a secret insider taking photos this year)...

I wasn't expecting a new land for 2012. I'm glad it's tied in with their 'adventure' theme and is now another country to explore, continuing with the 3 big lands they want.I'm going to assume flying jumbos has been placed where the good old rodeo used to be, but if the entrance is coming from forbidden kingdom I think it might look a bit tucked away from everything. However with the Safari Experience that might only be temporary if the proposed entrance is behind RamesesQuite looking forward to seeing the changes.I know people here don't like the low investment and I personally too would like to see a new ride come in a bit more often according really the last 2 big things were Kobra and Dragons Fury and how long ago was the latter....(04) but it works, visitors still come and everyone always enjoys themselves here, especially with the family.

So, they have rethemed jumbos after all....

No, of course not really. Shows what can be done with a simple little ride though.

New video on their youtube account:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-w4jTMmTWs&feature=g-all-u&context=G236f00eFAAAAAAAARAA

I went to the AP day today, after trying The Swarm at Thorpe Park, got my AP at a ‘dead’ AP office (never seen that before!) Arrived: 1 PM We were greeted by far friendlier staff as to Thorpe Park’s staff, there was a relaxed and family atmosphere around the park, and all staff said hello, thanks and goodbye on every ride and outlet that I attended today. The Annual Pass issuing at Chessington was obviously a problem because there were large queues at all AP offices all day, but the park really was very quiet, according to the staff though, it was busier earlier but the rain meant many left early. Dragon’s fury and Cobra was walk on rides as well as many others, the only ride that had a queue was vampire with 15 minutes! Vampire was a nice surprise for me because I was riding solo (I am a family of 3) Therefore they asked for a single from the queue for the front row next to me. Low and behold halfway up the chain lift we start chatting about Vampire, only to realise it was Shaun Sanbrooke, from the YouTube videos that I and many others would agree is very good news and Info. I have never had a proper conversation on a rollercoaster like that before, but it was great to chat to another enthusiast by complete accident, both of which attended the Th13teen event, what were the odds of that!

Vampire was a nice surprise for me because I was riding solo (I am a family of 3) Therefore they asked for a single from the queue for the front row next to me. Low and behold halfway up the chain lift we start chatting about Vampire, only to realise it was Shaun Sanbrooke, from the YouTube videos that I and many others would agree is very good news and Info. I have never had a proper conversation on a rollercoaster like that before, but it was great to chat to another enthusiast by complete accident, both of which attended the Th13teen event, what were the odds of that!

That's quite funny, I saw his Facebook status update today was something along the lines of 'about to get on Vampire' He really is a lovely person and quite interesting to talk to, even my mum (who absolutely despises rides of all kinds, except Small Small World) wanted to watch some of his videos after meeting him at Alton Towers! :wub: How long did it take for you to process your AP btw, my dad is getting one tomorrow and I don't want to waste any valuable Swarm time sitting in the Annual Pass Office. :(

Not to be critical Benin but the area is full when there is a show on, completely jam packed! I think its great that they are providing such a large area for a show area, this means they have great plans for it because its not cheap, nor is it quick.The annual pass queue was incredibly long at Thorpe Park, but I went to get my one renewed after going on the Swarm, so it was about 12, by that time there was no queue at all!And yeah I was amazed at how easy it was just to talk to him about the things we both love, at such (what feels like) such a down to earth level.

And yeah I was amazed at how easy it was just to talk to him about the things we both love, at such (what feels like) such a down to earth level.

I saw him today a couple of times at Thorpe as it goes, once he was filming for his new YouTube channel and the other time he was getting ready to be taken by THE SWARM for the 24th time! He really is a nice guy and as you said, he is very easy to talk to. I wonder how many people come up to him at The Towers :P

http://www.chessington.com/tickets/fastrack-tickets.aspxJust looked online, and noticed they decided to remove fastrack on all the small rides which just cannot cope with it.Woo for spending money for no reason last year. Well done whoever's in charge of sales & info there.

I don't know about online but they were definitely selling them when I was there last weekend. In fact the new Flying Jumbos location definitely has a fasttrack queue. Obviously just not showing them online.

Best thing was on trucks where one car is for exit, another for fastback, and then the last 3 for main queue. THROUGHPUT BANTER.

Hey, I'm going Chessington tomorrow with my family, is there anything you'd like me to look out for/take pictures off? :wub:

Technical Aspects of Madagascar Live, such as the Control Booth, pictures of the lights and any special effects.The Jumbos

It's weird how there's been no pictures taken of Jumbos yet... Maybe everyone's just so embarrassed about it no-one can bring themselves to photograph it?

I'll defernately get pictures of the Jumbos, but I'll have to see on the day if I get spare time to view the Madagascar Live show. :wub:

Its funny how the ride is still called Berry Bouncers on the Q board in Market Sqaure...

The fact it still exists and look like that isn't funny, it's just sad..

That looks so shoddy it is laughable. The person that is making these stupid decisions, when do they retire? Someone with some sense needs to take over and save that place. It is being milked, one day soon people will stop coming back because it is all so crap and the spend to get everything decent again will be too high for our short term money men to be willing to fix it.