Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Oh don't worry he loves it really :PTo be honest I think they're pretty good queue times for CWoA. I'd much rather go to Chessington and queue that than go to Thorpe and queue double them lengths.

I'd back Chessington up any day! :P But I would not mind queuing that maybe with the aid of fastrack on Dragon's Fury :P

Well I guess I'm back on Chessington then :P , actually I think I'm sure about it seeing as I haven't been there in a year or so and haven't been on bubbleworks since the re-theme , better start preparing myself! :P. And thinking about it I'm going to Thorpe park in another week or so when all these insane ques will hopefully have died down.

Well I guess I'm back on Chessington then :P , actually I think I'm sure about it seeing as I havent been there in a year or so and havent been on bubbleworks since the re-theme , better start preparing myself! :P

It's rubbish. Seriously, if you want to keep the old Bubbleworks alive in your mind, do not ride the new version.

Well I guess I'm back on Chessington then :P , actually I think I'm sure about it seeing as I haven't been there in a year or so and haven't been on bubbleworks since the re-theme , better start preparing myself! :P. And thinking about it I'm going to Thorpe park in another week or so when all these insane ques will hopefully have died down.

You have gone a year without Chessington?! I can not go 2 weeks without craving it!!!!!!! :P

AH , its like a ping-pong match in my head. Thorpe,Chessie,Thorpe, Chessie. :P.

Chessington! not THORPE!!!! :P Think I agree with Mark9 about not going on Bubbleworks. I like the new one but I did prefer Professor Burp's Bubbleworks.+ THORPE PARK does not have (ill be careful how I say this) always kind staff or Dragon's Fury or Vampire!!! :P Your Choice though :P

Ha :P. Although on Tuesday I still managed to have a good day out which was actually mainly due to the staff. However I haven't exactly got a basis for comparison seeing as its been a year since I've been chessington. Oh and just looked at the forecast for tomorrow and its heavy rain all day , which of the 2 would you say is better in the rain :P? not that any parks good in the rain just which would you say is more enjoyable/most will be open in the rain.

Ha :P. Although on Tuesday I still managed to have a good day out which was actually mainly due to the staff. However I haven't exactly got a basis for comparison seeing as its been a year since I've been chessington. Oh and just looked at the forecast for tomorrow and its heavy rain all day , which of the 2 would you say is better in the rain :P? not that any parks good in the rain just which would you say is more enjoyable/most will be open in the rain.

Not just saying this, but Chessington. Most of the main rides at THORPE PARK, e.g. Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno are affected by adverse weather conditions and can close until weather conditions improve. Even Rumba Rapids when I was there!Whereas, Chessington usually still let you ride things such as Vampire, Rattlesnake, Runaway Train and Dragon's Fury. (which are great in the rain!)The best person, if he is on this post, is to ask Mark 9 on advice on Dragon's Fury when raining as he is the operator! :P (I'm jealous!)

Ah well you see the thing with Chessington is that most of the major rides do run in adverse rain but they aren't totally immune from problems. For instance Tiny Truckers, Safari Skyway, Peeking Heights often close totally in rain. Truckers because it's an indoor ride so doesn't like damp, Skyway because the trains have trouble getting up the hill by Seastorm and peeking because being bucketed with rain at 85 feet isn't exactly nice.Dragons Fury and Rattlesnake are affected by rain. Only today, we could only load two people on each Fury car because they were going to fast around the track. The same happens on Spinball Whizzer at Atlton Towers.I believe Griffins Galleon and Black Bucaneer are also effected by weather.

Ah well you see the thing with Chessington is that most of the major rides do run in adverse rain but they aren't totally immune from problems. For instance Tiny Truckers, Safari Skyway, Peeking Heights often close totally in rain. Truckers because it's an indoor ride so doesn't like damp, Skyway because the trains have trouble getting up the hill by Seastorm and peeking because being bucketed with rain at 85 feet isn't exactly nice.Dragons Fury and Rattlesnake are affected by rain. Only today, we could only load two people on each Fury car because they were going to fast around the track. The same happens on Spinball Whizzer at Atlton Towers.I believe Griffins Galleon and Black Bucaneer are also effected by weather.

Wish I was there if they were going as fast as they sound! Good spin with 2 people! Ok, I am becoming obcessed with Dragon's Fury!Cheers Mark for explaining all of that to James! :P

ok thanks very much :P Now just a few last things , I promise :P . At Thorpe do rides like samurai, slammer and rush close in heavy rain? don't see why they would but just checking. and also what was the ques like for Dragons fury with only 2 people per car :P? thanks again for all your help guys

ok thanks very much :P At Thorpe do rides like samurai, slammer and rush close in heavy rain? don't see why they would just checking. and also what was the ques like for Dragons fury with only 2 people per car :P? thanks again for all your help guys

I think I might be able to answer that, probably 90 minutes but if raining. errr.... 70 mins?Am I right? Let me know Mark :P I think James Rush does close in bad weather conditions. Not sure on Samurai or Slammer though.You should of been in Brighton Mark as we had great sunshine. Long way for me to go if want to wrk next year at Chessington. :P probably will though :P

Do you advertise of the queue line board the exact waiting time or do you increase it. you say 80 minutes, so did you put it as 90 mins?

Always put it higher. Some things can't be accounted for on rides so I'd rather have people queue less then they expect then more then they expect.

I think James Rush does close in bad weather conditions. Not sure on Samurai or Slammer though.

Rush runs in the rain fine..Only rides effected by rain at Thorpe is Inferno, and some times Stealth will have a couple of rollbacks. Apart from that the rides will run, but you will be warned they may be uncomfortable in such weather. If it starts to storm, all rides will shutdown, just like they will at Cwoa etc.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion