Park Map

barley142007

At the end of the day it's just a map, however good it may be there's always someone that will hate it. As for the "Their's people mooning on the map, that means guests at Thorpe are going to moon!" what rubbish, I mean I watch SAW, does not mean I go round putting people in traps till they die now does it :unsure: The map does what it needs to do, show you where abouts a ride is. Personally I like what Thorpe have done putting the fun back into it! But of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just think some people may be over reacting to what is JUST A MAP. . . . . . .

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how can you say that? They are marketing toward young people and young people such as myself would be appealed by this 'in your face' map.Don't even bother saying 'its horrible and its for chavs' - I'm not a chav and I like the map.

That is such an over exaggeration and generalisation. I too am a young person and young people such as myself would not be appealed by the in your face map. For example, I'm going next Saturday - I'm taking someone, same age as me and you, who hasn't been to the park since she was 4. She hasn't been to a theme park since she was 10. When I showed her the map today, she absolutely hated it. In fact, the first thing she said was "I'm glad I'm going with you or else I'd get lost." Granted, that may be a bit of an exaggeration - but still, it fails its objective of a MAP. I showed a few other friends as well, and their genera opinion was dislike as well. We are all young people and are not appealed by the in your face map that has been set. In the end, each to their own and all that - but just remember not all young people are appealed to such ideas.

As for the "Their's people mooning on the map, that means guests at Thorpe are going to moon!" what rubbish, I mean I watch SAW, does not mean I go round putting people in traps till they die now does it

Then obviously you have a minor degree of intelligence, but can we apply that to many of Thorpe's guests? Not really...When you go away for a bit and then return to the South, you really do notice that so many people are chavs (and general idiots, though that occurs wherever you go), so I can honestly imagine some people getting those thought processes, have you seen those videos on Youtube where people have jumped out of Rumba Rapids? It's people like that I can imagine to do the exceptionally stupid things...

I love this map, it is very funny :unsure: . and I dont think the public will care that saw has 3 rows and the layout is not correct or nemesis goes through the volcano about 7 times. the whole sex thing though is a bit silly of thorpe. but like I said the public wont really care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I dont think Thorpe park's park map really needs to be used as a map that much. The park is suprisingly small and most of the rides can be seen from anywhere in the park. I remember the first time I went to Thorpe park, I knew the where everything was in about half an hour. Alton Towers though, is a much bigger park and their map should be more...map-like. Unfortunatly it isn't and I can imagine that it gets alot of people lost.

I'm one of the few who don't mind the new 'tounge in cheek' branding, but how can they call this a map if all the paths are either made up or covered by all the attractions? (some of which happen to be in the wrong places anyway!) Yes, it gives people a general idea of where the attractions are, and it's true that most of them can be seen from the ground anyway, but surely the map should be used to find out the best route to take to get to a particular attraction - if that's the case then the map is pretty useless, and I too have heard first time visitors talking about how messy and inaccurate the map is! I heard someone in the Saw: Alive queue saying "Wait, shouldn't this be on the other side of the path?" :D