Alton Towers Hotel

noob230

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just booked my summer trip to Alton for August 7th for 3 nights at a local B&B. :) Really exicted just got a couple of questions...1) Can you eat in the resort hotels if you are not a guest?2) If so then is it worth it and do you get annual pass discount?3) Do you get AP discount on golf and the waterpark?4) In alton village itself, is there anywhere worth checking out food wise, and is there a local shop for basic food like crisps etc....?Many thanks.

1) Depends. Phone the hotels switchboard and try and book a table, and see what they say. The number is 01538 704600.2) It's worth it, for secret garden tbh. You do get AP discount3) You get 20% off waterpark, and I think same for golf.4) As benin rightly said.. Londis. There's a couple of nice pubs there as well, namely the white hart (which is up the small road with a sign pointing to alton castle).

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chained Oak or Trough Ivy House are both within a 5 minute walk of the main gates to Alton Towers.

If you have a car, it really depends. For budget - there are Travelodges in Ashbourne (15 mins), Uttoxeter (20 mins), Rugeley (30 mins) and Stafford Central (30 mins). There's also a Premier Inn in Uttoxeter. The Travelodges in Rugeley and Uttoxeter are a bit dated, mind. The Stafford one is the best for facilities, there's a Pizza Hut, KFC and Frankie & Benny's outside, and it's only 10 mins walk into the town where there are a lot of pubs and shops, too.

:)

I can vouch for Trough Ivy House being quite delightful. If you do stay there though be warned that Alton often close the main park gates a while after park closes so if you hang around the hotel for food and drink then go to walk back later you get routed via the staff exit, which is a fairly long dark walk after a couple of beers!

• 5 months later...

Discuss anything to do with the brand new SW7 themed bedrooms coming to the resorts hotel's next year. You can discuss:

What style the bedroom will have?
Which hotel will these rooms be placed in?
How much will these rooms cost?
What are your opinions on them and would you stay in theme?
So basically all of the above and whatever you wan't to say about them. Here's the quote from the TowersStreet website sort of confirming these rooms:

Exclusive SW7 themed rooms for 2013 (Published 11th December 2012)

Alton Towers Resort have exclusively confirmed to TowersStreet that in addition to the 2013 new ride codenamed SW7′ (Secret Weapon 7), the resort hotels will also be getting in on the action with two new themed rooms based around the new ride.

Edited by Tommy
Merged into main Alton Towers Hotel topic that needed love and attention!

Sort of confirming? It is definitely confirmed - clearly stating that ATR have confirmed it to TS.

I think it's great that they're getting these, as they haven't had any new thrill ride themed rooms for some time!

:D

Personally, I'd rather wait for Towers themselves to confirm this before anything else (yes, even overlooking TS competition) simply because TTF (inclusive of newly reformed TS members) haven't had a great reputation for speaking the truth in my bitter and personal opinion.

I can personally assure you that these rooms are coming! As a member of the TS Team, I received confirmation myself. However, if you'd rather wait until it appears on the AT website to be assured, then feel free - but there wouldn't be a competition launched on TS to stay in the rooms if they weren't real!

Sorry to hear you've felt that some of the AT fansites haven't always spoken the truth...

:)

• 2 weeks later...