Alton Towers Hotel

noob230

North and south are different, most things are cheaper up North. Pretty much always has been so yeah...

Bollocks. It's also about supply and demand. Amazingly, there's higher demand at towers so prices should actually be higher.

Stop talking this business/economics **** without actually applying it.

I'm sorry Fred didn't realise your doing a degree in Business? If you want I can sit and justify that all like I did in the Snoozebox topic.

I have an a level in film studies, it doesn't make me a director of a multi million dollar blockbuster. Just because you're doing a degree in business does not make you Alan Sugar or a business tycoon. Could you please stop with this better then all of you attitude, I'd be really greatful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Stayed in this hotel this year, having previously only ever stayed in Splash Landings. I thought it was great - definitely a better hotel for me in terms of feeling more relaxed and calm. Of course you still get noisy kids running around now and then, but nothing like Splash Landings which can be more like a kids club at times.

Having said that, I do prefer the more quirky theming of Splash Landings, and it does seem to have a bit more excitement about it. We also went to the spa, which was amazing, as we were the only couple in there for the entirety of our 3 hour session - we couldn't believe our luck! 

We had a walk over to the Enchanted Village accommodation too... the Crooked Spoon was lovely, but the accommodation just looked a bit random. Lovely looking buildings but I think they needed to be nestled deep in a thick forest in order to work. It just looked quite bizarre having these lovely little lodges with almost no theming whatsoever. 

When going back to Alton I'll be more than happy to stay in the Alton Towers Hotel or Splash Landings, whichever is cheaper really. From having walked around the Enchanted Village, I had no desire to stay there unfortunately - especially as the price seems to be the highest of all the accommodation! 

The only complaint I would have for the resort, and I know I'm echoing previous posts, is that there was really nothing to do in the evenings. The theme park, waterpark and golf all shut, so after dinner there's nothing to do other than have a drink in the bar. I know there are obviously reasons why the water park, golf and spa aren't open late, but if they were, I wouldn't have a single complaint about my trips to Alton. After having a brilliant day on park and having a great dinner, the experience would be perfect if we could finish the evening with a round of crazy golf, or a nighttime swim.