Michael Jackson

bubbly

*sighs in sorrow*Why did it have to be Michael? He was one of the most influential music artists of his time, and he'll be sorely missed. :'(It annoys me, that it's always the legends who have to pass away before their time is due. It's so unfair.But his music will live on, and so will his legacy. Even today you can see his moves being re-inacted by today's artists: Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, even artists like Lady GaGa and MIKA claim to have developed their owns moves, but you can see, if you look back at all Michael's video's that their his, or at least inspired by them. It just goes to show how inspirational he was to other music artists still to this day, despite all the allogations five years ago, which in my eyes were a load of rubbish.I loved everything about Michael Jackson: the dances, the singing, the music, everything about Michael was a hit. And it's just a real shame that he's finally gone. RIP Michael.xx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sighs in sorrow*Why did it have to be Michael? He was one of the most influential music artists of his time, and he'll be sorely missed. :'(It annoys me, that it's always the legends who have to pass away before their time is due. It's so unfair.But his music will live on, and so will his legacy. Even today you can see his moves being re-inacted by today's artists: Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, even artists like Lady GaGa and MIKA claim to have developed their owns moves, but you can see, if you look back at all Michael's video's that their his, or at least inspired by them. It just goes to show how inspirational he was to other music artists still to this day, despite all the allogations five years ago, which in my eyes were a load of rubbish.I loved everything about Michael Jackson: the dances, the singing, the music, everything about Michael was a hit. And it's just a real shame that he's finally gone. RIP Michael.xx

I know I was thinking the same thing...why did it have to be Michael Jackson? Its just really unbeileveable, my mum is really upset about it as well, cause back in her days her and my aunt used to listen to MJ a lot! but yes he will be missed =[ R.I.P. MJ

I'm not really sad, but it is a shock, does anyone know how he died?

It was confirmed this afternoon that the heart attack may have been caused by Michael's constant prolonged use of paracetamol. Many relatives expressed their concerns about the amount he was taking.

I think it's sick that he only died yesterday, and this afternoon there was a 15 minutes news report on the radio about how many people wanted to get a full refund for their concert tickets. Is that the first thing they thought about? It's sickening.

Nothing major really to me. Yes, he's dead and it is a blooming great loss to the world, but I just don't really care. He would have done an amazing tour no doubt and would have pleased his fans, but I really don't care that much. Sorry if that seems harsh, but that's my viewpoint. Do feel very annoyed by how the media are being rather hypocritical though. ¬¬

Nothing major really to me. Yes, he's dead and it is a blooming great loss to the world, but I just don't really care. He would have done an amazing tour no doubt and would have pleased his fans, but I really don't care that much. Sorry if that seems harsh, but that's my viewpoint. Do feel very annoyed by how the media are being rather hypocritical though. ¬¬

I agree, it hasn't really made much of a difference to my life if I'm honest.

I think it's sick that he only died yesterday, and this afternoon there was a 15 minutes news report on the radio about how many people wanted to get a full refund for their concert tickets. Is that the first thing they thought about? It's sickening.

I agree, that should be the last thing on people's minds

dont get me wrong he was a greate artist and should be remeberd for his music. but the amount of media this is getting is just astoashing its not like this guy made world peace.

So are you saying we should only respect someone if they have made world peace? Why should I care for anything or anyone if they don't entice tranquility in the world.The thing is, Micheal Jackson bought a hell of a lot of joy into people's lifes and his music videos have inspired two generations of new artists. Regardless of what he done to his image in his later years, it's his music that will always be remembered. And rightly so.

Paul and JoshC.4 you both say that but you don't realise that there are SOO many artists out their who are influenced from the works of MJ. Most proberly alot of your favourite artists have been influenced by MJ somewhere down the line and may not be the band they are without his influence and support. Looking back a bit at when he was a kid and in the Jackson5 group and him in his undoubtably peak times- 80s/90s will be a time a lot of adults will remember him for and would have followed him down the line on his music career. No one can deny he bought us some of the best songs there are around, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, Smooth Criminal and of course the lot in the Jackson5 group so its not suprising he was labelled the king of pop. Regardless of all the peodophile alligations and all of the twisted stories hes been involved in he will be remembered by most for his music and how he put dance and action to his music. I think all the hype in the news and online round the world can show you just what a story this is. Plus how he managed to book out 50 nights at the 02! (Whether hed manage to make them and perform well I don't know.) Most artists/bands will get what 5 nights max? So yeah it was a bloody shock this happened! R.I.P MJ!

Paul and JoshC.4 you both say that but you don't realise that there are SOO many artists out their who are influenced from the works of MJ. Most proberly alot of your favourite artists have been influenced by MJ somewhere down the line and may not be the band they are without his influence and support. Looking back a bit at when he was a kid and in the Jackson5 group and him in his undoubtably peak times- 80s/90s will be a time a lot of adults will remember him for and would have followed him down the line on his music career. No one can deny he bought us some of the best songs there are around, Beat It, Thriller, Bad and of course the lot in the Jackson5 group so its not suprising he was labelled the king of pop. Regardless of all the peodophile alligations and all of the twisted stories hes been involved in he will be remembered by most for his music and how he put dance and action to his music. I think all the hype in the news and online round the world can show you just what a story this is. Plus how he managed to book out 50 nights at the 02! (Whether hed manage to make them and perform well I don't know.) Most artists/bands will get what 5 nights max? So yeah it was a bloody shock this happened! R.I.P MJ!

I Agree, he is the king of pop, and in my opinion he is the greatest artist ever, and no one will ever be able to sing and dance like he can!

Paul and JoshC.4 you both say that but you don't realise that there are SOO many artists out their who are influenced from the works of MJ. Most proberly alot of your favourite artists have been influenced by MJ somewhere down the line and may not be the band they are without his influence and support. Looking back a bit at when he was a kid and in the Jackson5 group and him in his undoubtably peak times- 80s/90s will be a time a lot of adults will remember him for and would have followed him down the line on his music career. No one can deny he bought us some of the best songs there are around, Beat It, Thriller, Bad and of course the lot in the Jackson5 group so its not suprising he was labelled the king of pop. Regardless of all the peodophile alligations and all of the twisted stories hes been involved in he will be remembered by most for his music and how he put dance and action to his music. I think all the hype in the news and online round the world can show you just what a story this is. Plus how he managed to book out 50 nights at the 02! (Whether hed manage to make them and perform well I don't know.) Most artists/bands will get what 5 nights max? So yeah it was a bloody shock this happened! R.I.P MJ!

I 100% agree with youI know a lot of people in general who want to be like MJ.

Ok. He produced some great stuff. Not only on his own, but in fact I personally much preferred the music with Jackson 5. One of my favourite songs is Blame it on the Boogie. But, in my opinion, there are currently and have been many far better artists. That's my opinion anyway.

Holly: Its all fair saying all this but its another person life cut short by some reason or other. Regardo of what he's done that's bad IMO he's one of the best artist I've ever heard. I remember listening to him with my Dad when I was alot younger. End of the day he's dead and his family have to go through the greif and just like Jade Goody's boys his kids will have to grow up without one parent.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched like 5 minutes but decided to not watch more as I think it would of made me really sad - Whilst growing up he was always someone you knew and I also remember the first time I watched the thriller video - in terms of pop music I don't think that video will ever be beaten.I'm still in disbelief, I still feel like I'll be going to see him at the 02 next month.Part of me feels ( I know it won't happen now, the death has started to become a reality) that on the opening night he'll come up on the stage with the opening number of thriller and we'll see it was one big horrible wind-up...The last legend to be alive and I can't see anyone getting to that type of fame again. As previously said all the legends go before their time. Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Freddy Mercury, Princess Diana and now Michael Jackson.