Flamingo Land

limecrusha1

Well you could always hop on a plane and ride Catapult?

Edit: Six Flags New England is closed for the winter :(

Yea but to be honest if it move to flamingo land I would go there instead of going to America :P

However if slammer did move to flamingo land it would be even more unreliable as it would be 2nd hand!

• 1 month later...

Rumours going round from Screamscape as well as e-mail's sent out to some season pass holders suggest that Flamingo Land are to get three new rides in 2013.

Apparently a Zamperla Volare is possible on either the old Corkscrew spot or in the spot of Wild Mouse as a replacement, maybe they have got a three ride deal with Zamperla... Although it does leave the question of why go with a Volare (http://rcdb.com/9205.htm?p=35974) as they are supposed to be horrendous, when they could have got something much more exciting like a ZacSpin.

If they are getting three Zamperla rides, then a Power Surge and Air Race 6.4 or 8.4 could make up with the mehness of a Volare. ;) Remember, all rumours though and they've confirmed nothing yet, so let's wait and see what they have to say for 2013...

• 1 month later...

Flamingo Land apparently confirmed at a 'Great Days Out' show in Manchester that they are getting a Zamperla 'Junior Twister Coaster' this year as well - http://www.zamperla.com/en/zamperla-details-rollercoaster-junior_twister_coaster The location is the former driving school spot.

The rumoured Volare will apparently go where the Wild Mouse used to be as well, making it quite a tight fit.

So, it seems that rather than going for one decent investment, they've struck a deal with Zamperla and got a couple of poor rides cheaply...

The interview at the "Great Days Out" show on Saturday is shown here:

http://youtu.be/hXCp2ac_BMY

As Josh says, it confirms that Flamingoland will be getting a Zamperla 3 ride deal:

A good deal? I've not ridden one, but this TPR thread describes the Zamperla Volare as "creepy", "a piece of crap" and "George Foreman Grill: The Ride"... http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58468

• 1 month later...

From Flamingo Land's FB page. Has the rough dates in which the new rides are to open.

New for 2013 - Dino-Stone Park and Hero

We’re delighted to announce a new sector and three show stopping new rides for the 2013 season.
Our new sector, Dino-Stone Park will feature the ‘Cyclosaurs’ (opening Easter 2013) a children’s ride which allows riders to interact in a hand-gliding simulation and the ‘Twistasaurus’ (June 2013) which replaces the ever popular Wild Mouse wide, but with an added spinning dimension.

Finally, ‘Hero’ the star of the show will open to guests in July. This awesome flying coaster features ‘cutting edge’ design and includes unique features such as its revolutionary lifting technology.

• 1 month later...
Went to Flamingo land the other day for the first time. After hearing many things about the park I was a bit dubious but I thought I should try it out. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Mumbo Jumbo & Kumali are great rides which suit the park wonderfully, they have loads of development going on and the park has a really fantastic zoo! I also loved Velocity, a great ride that is highly under estimated. All in all the park is pretty well kept except the seaside area which needs a revamp, Although the drop tower (Cliff Hanger) was by far the best launched tower I have ever been on! Some photos are available on Flickr

FlamingoLand75_zpse4737e71.jpg

FlamingoLand70_zps28d3f915.jpg

FlamingoLand56_zps5d15f3d1.jpg

I personally think that the park is highly underated and want to give it a big thumbs up! Only qualm I have is a massive lack of toilets! tongue.gif

The park is fine. It is a good little regional park with some brilliant rides, Mumbo is wonderful. My Nerd and I friends will be there on May 4th (may the 4th be with you) if any of you want to join us. The flying coaster should be interesting. Hopefully I will have some construction pics of the 3 new rides.

Regarding toilets, yes I know what you mean. They are a little sparse and occasionally hard to find, BUT in physical distance, I bet they are more closely packed than Towers's loos. The app is quite useful for that, there is a feature to find the nearest loo.