Flamingo Land

limecrusha1

What gives me Chills is that this coaster was just flung together in what I think 2-3 Month

I completely agree with that, every other coaster takes an age and is usually delayed **cough**Smiler**cough**. So can only one train occupy the track and lift at the same time, if so throughput shall be worse than Chessington and well we all know that's terrible recently.

Length of Hero - 1'282.8ft

Length of Smiler - 3'838.6ft

Length of Swarm - 2'543ft

Let's not compare 2/3 months of construction against rides that are bigger and longer and hence have more to consider ok?

**hides** Sorry, didn't really look at the tech aspects like the length height etc of Hero, didn't really seem to have any gimmicks other than the spiral push lift and the flying cars

The speed of construction is because the ride is simple to construct - it's on a flat plot of land and has a concrete base rather than individual footers meaning initial groundwork is pretty easy. The compact layout means the ride is quick to assemble too as it has fewer supports than a more spread out ride would have.

It was obvious from the start that throughput would be terrible because it's at Flamingo Land - their other major coasters get less than 400/hr and I expect this to be the same.

• 4 weeks later...

it's the usual chest size restriction placed on most rides these days sometimes with some rides there are seats like on Nemesis Inferno that cater for up to 52 inches, but yes most rides are 48 inches so and I have been told by friends who have gone that, that is the maximum size on flamingolands rides :P hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

I bought the Daily Star yesterday (I do feel dirty about that but it was for a voucher for some Fireworks, not to read) and there is a voucher in there for Flamingo Land ('the UKs only combined theme park, zoo and holiday resort', apparently!!) Halloween event BOGOF. Has anyone ever been to that? Is it worth while?

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Some good news for Flamingoland :P

Multimillion-pound investment on new rides and attractions has helped increase sales and profits at popular Yorkshire theme park and zoo owner Flamingo Land.

Turnover in the year to 31 March 2014 increased from £20.5m to £22.5m after £5.3m was spent on new rides and attractions, including £2.3m on 'Hero', a roller coaster which opened to the public in summer 2013.

That outlay by the family-owned business was on top off the £2.65m invested in 2012/13 which led to the addition of Junior Twist and Vertical Swing and the continued development of the Holiday Village.

Driven by the growth in sales, pre-tax profit rose from £1.4m to £2.1m. The North Yorkshire-headquartered theme park and zoo owner's directors, Gordon and Vicky Gibb, were paid a dividend of £235,000 during the year.

In a report filed at Companies House, the business said repair costs continued to be very significant with facilities within the zoo, holiday village and theme park kept in good condition to comply with all relevant Health & Safety standards.

The Malton-based leisure group, which employs more than 300 workers, said it aimed to maintain the management policies that had resulted in the company's recent growth and to invest in new rides and attractions as and when necessary.

Source: http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/yor ... 6-85678465

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...