Flamingo Land

limecrusha1

I've been there a few times and its one of my favorite parks, to be honest all day the queues wont be that bad. Mumbo tends to be the longest wait because they tend to operate on 1 car. Hero wasn't open last time I was there, but I haven't heard good things, so if its unpopular then I don't expect it to get queues.

Advice.

1. Do mumbo early
  2. Don't bother with the monorail, you can walk faster.
  3. You will get very wet on the water ride.
  4. Don't expect good rides, the park doesn't have the money for Merlin style attractions.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Here's a fun rumour circulating round at the moment...

http://riderater.co.uk/rumours/

Flamingo Land are getting an Intamin 10 inversion coaster, which could possible run alongside Velocity near the entrance of the park (where the park's Runaway Train, sky pedal bikes, and some sort of extra car park are currently). Apparently the area is currently being cleared and the rides have been removed.

Very much a "I'll believe it when I see it" thing right now, but just imagine...

• 2 months later...

The first piece of concrete evidence pointing towards this happening: https://www.sinchew.com.my/content/content_2037421.html?fbclid=IwAR25SGFW5k4h9W1n5rISMI44OXeVUXE8QTf3VfCoAxh2dTHXGGyH2yOHvtM

The 10 inversion coaster which was meant to open in Brazil but never did, which was then shipped to open in Malaysia but never did is being sold. The exact quote:

In a press conference today, [the chairman of the Malaysian park] said that the new management unanimously decided to sell the roller coaster. The highest bid is currently from buyers in the UK, with a bid of $2.8 million [approx £2.3m]. In other words, if the transaction is completed, Anime Theme Park Co., Ltd. will directly face the loss of RM10.52 million [almost £2m].

Though of course it's not necessarily Flamingo, it seems highly unlikely to be for anywhere else. And at a cost of £2.3m (excluding shipping and construction, which I believe isn't as expensive as people may think), that's a proper bargain for such a large coaster.

I think its probably unlikely they will actually get it but if they do it will be a great addition!

I presume this has lap bars so it will probably ride a lot better than Colossus and it isn't like its near anyway.

Overall I think it would be a great addition for the more northern theme parks.

I would rather have this than a Volare any day of the damn week.. Hero makes Infusion look like fun..

6 hours ago, JoshC. said:

The first piece of concrete evidence pointing towards this happening: https://www.sinchew.com.my/content/content_2037421.html?fbclid=IwAR25SGFW5k4h9W1n5rISMI44OXeVUXE8QTf3VfCoAxh2dTHXGGyH2yOHvtM

The 10 inversion coaster which was meant to open in Brazil but never did, which was then shipped to open in Malaysia but never did is being sold. The exact quote:

Though of course it's not necessarily Flamingo, it seems highly unlikely to be for anywhere else. And at a cost of £2.3m (excluding shipping and construction, which I believe isn't as expensive as people may think), that's a proper bargain for such a large coaster.

Anyone know the make of this coaster ??

There’s a better chance of Merlin selling/closing Thorpe altogether than them investing on retracting and upgrading Colossus. The sad fact is purely because it isn’t seen as profitable and marketable from them. 

Flamimgo’s ‘potential’ clone may give people even less reason to visit Thorpe, which I’m sure they will combat with further rebranding and painting up basic areas. 

1 hour ago, Loggers Creek said:

There’s a better chance of Merlin selling/closing Thorpe altogether than them investing on retracting and upgrading Colossus. The sad fact is purely because it isn’t seen as profitable and marketable from them. 

Flamimgo’s ‘potential’ clone may give people even less reason to visit Thorpe, which I’m sure they will combat with further rebranding and painting up basic areas. 

All that lovely new concrete will come in handy for some live scare actors and barbed wire! ? 

16 hours ago, Benin said:

Colossus is still running so Merlin won't spend money on fixing it...

Remember, they only spend it when they HAVE to.  

Incorrect. Duelling Colossus' (Colossi?) incoming, Project 2020 confirmed.

Source: grafitti on bit of chipboard in Blair Witch queue.

• 1 month later...