Flamingo Land

limecrusha1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

sik.

image.thumb.png.6ba83781d05ea84f6db9949d124c77aa.png

It's so odd to think that construction on this finished BEFORE the likes of Texas Stingray and Max&Mortiz opened, and over 6 months before even F.L.Y opened.

Those rides feel like old news now.

They have really taken their time with this coaster!

It can't be much longer, can it?

On 4/12/2022 at 11:52 AM, Inferno said:

sik.

image.thumb.png.6ba83781d05ea84f6db9949d124c77aa.png

It's so odd to think that construction on this finished BEFORE the likes of Texas Stingray and Max&Mortiz opened, and over 6 months before even F.L.Y opened.

Those rides feel like old news now.

They have really taken their time with this coaster!

It can't be much longer, can it?

It's odd to think how many colours are out there and yet every UK coaster has to be grey, white or black. Thank the lord for Paultons Park. 

• 1 month later...

As it turns out, the "sik" from Flamingo Land's last tweet was not a jab at Merlin or a typo... it was actually a hint towards the ride's name, as the ride is being called Sik, in honour of local clothing brand SikSilk: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/new-flamingo-land-roller-coaster-24104725

It's... original, I guess! I'm not a huge fan, if I'm being honest, but I'm sure it'll grow on me over time. Names tend to sound weird at first and then stick a bit more as time goes on.

• 1 year later...

Hi there! 

I appreciate that this post is old but I thought I would share my thoughts.

Flamingo Land is my ‘home’ park - I used to visit every year as a child for a week with my parents (was our yearly holiday as kids), so I’ve watched it change. 

I think it’s a great little park with some unique rides which to me, make it worth anybodies time to visit. Sik, Velocity and Cliff Hanger are my favourites - particularly when Cliff hanger shoots you up and then drops you (a cycle not always on depending upon how busy the park gets). 

Operations are generally quite slow so I highly recommend visiting off peak and during the week, to get the most out of your day. 

I filmed my very first vlog at Flamingo Land so hope it helps some people. The park is privately owned and I was a bit surprised at how quiet it was when I went with my husband, so it would be great if the park got a little bit more support. Some areas are looking tired but I think the owners are now starting to make some changes which is awesome to see. 

Rach