Flamingo Land

limecrusha1

Mumbo Jumbo has now Officially opened.

I must say I think it looks pretty good apart from the poor throughput, I would be interested to hear what the reliability has been like and whether it's just Thorpe's S&S rides that are unreliable :angry: .As well as the ques/turnout for this compared to Saw's :blush:

Mumbo Jumbo has now Officially opened.

I must say I think it looks pretty good apart from the poor throughput, I would be interested to hear what the reliability has been like and whether it's just Thorpe's S&S rides that are unreliable :angry: .As well as the ques/turnout for this compared to Saw's :blush:
The Guy at 0:59, thats not whiteknuckle here on the forums is it?Posted Image

I found this is on youtube a while back and when I saw Mumbo Jumbo I noticed the similarities only this one is a eurofighter not an S&S and is called Blue Steel.

And James6 ( I think) its only Slammer with poor reliabilty, rush has been at its best for a long time now!

• 3 months later...

I'm going to Flamingoland soon and I have a few questions.1. Are there onride photo's? 2. I'm guessing Mumbo Jumbo will have the slowest capacity and the biggest queue, so I should go for it first...right?3. Anything else I should be aware of? Maybe a really good food stall or a show or something?Please answer these ASAP because I'm leaving tomorrow!

You have timed that well because tonight sees the launch of Go Flamingo!www.go-flamingo.co.uk (shameless plug!)There are on ride photos on Velocity, Kumali and Mumbo Jumbo. Also on ride video on Kumali.Definately get to Mumbo Jumbo as early as possible. It's capacity has been shocking. Work is planned for the close season to improve it.Velocity is also a slow loader at times.Food wise, Fish and Chips at the top of the park, by the zoo entrance is the best place for cheapish food. There are other more expensive places - American Diner, Seaside and the Coachouse at the top of the park is awesome, although more expensive.Make sure you get on MJ, Kumali, Flip Flop, Cliffhanger, Navigator, Wild Mouse, Corkscrew.Can't think of anything else for now.

You have timed that well because tonight sees the launch of Go Flamingo!www.go-flamingo.co.uk (shameless plug!)There are on ride photos on Velocity, Kumali and Mumbo Jumbo. Also on ride video on Kumali.Definately get to Mumbo Jumbo as early as possible. It's capacity has been shocking. Work is planned for the close season to improve it.Velocity is also a slow loader at times.Food wise, Fish and Chips at the top of the park, by the zoo entrance is the best place for cheapish food. There are other more expensive places - American Diner, Seaside and the Coachouse at the top of the park is awesome, although more expensive.Make sure you get on MJ, Kumali, Flip Flop, Cliffhanger, Navigator, Wild Mouse, Corkscrew.Can't think of anything else for now.

Thank you SO much, this will help my trip alot!

So yeah, I went to flamingoland...the rides are very good but I didnt like the park. It was very concrete and...well...chavvy, which suprised me. Mumbo jumbo was very good though and I was expecting the first drop to be a bit of a headrush and thats it, but instead it was very good!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thrillseekers got more than they bargained for yesterday when their rollercoaster got stuck - leaving them hanging upside down 50ft from the ground.A carriage on the Mumbo Jumbo ride at Flamingo Land, near Malton, North Yorkshire, stopped yesterday afternoon.The passengers spent around 20 minutes upside down before being rescued by staff from the theme park.Nigel Warburton, from Darlington, who was at Flamingo Land for a day out, photographed the incident."There was quite a crowd gathered watching," he said.The £4m ride opened last July. It is the steepest rollercoaster in the world, and plunges people down an overhang of 112 degrees from a high point of 30 metres.Passengers experience forces in excess of 4Gs - similar to those faced by fighter pilots.Flamingo Land could not be contacted for comment last night.Posted Image

Source: The Yorkshire Post