SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Coming from someone who works in theatre and does lighting design, I stand by the fact the daylight ruins the whole station. Would it really have cost that much more to have put another wall in and some decent ligting inbetween walls? That way you would still get the ligting beams through the wooden slats, but with no real daylight, they could have some fantastic lighting colours. Way too much daylight in there.On that topic, there was talk about some heavy curtains in the queueline to block the huge amount of daylight from the fastrack door at the bottom of the stairs, but as ever with Thorpe, is was only talk and it will always be too light.

Well, you haven't seen the station. This is only concept art, remember, and the actual station looks slightly different in terms of lighting and a few bits of theming. :)

Well everyone's saying the concept is better, so wouldn't exactly need to see the real thing if it's worst <3

Yea I agree with Mr.man, it has a good drop in it but the queue line is disappointing, it has a few death traps from the movies and some I have never seen before but I though it would be much better then that. The indoors is not what the C.A. said it would be, the station one isn't that far off though. :S I really do like the ride though and the first part until you get to the lift is very detailed. When you leave the station you get to see jigsaw if your the second one to go. and then when you drop you saw massive blades swinging and a spike board or something and it really looks like your going into them. And then the dead body on the floor when you get thrown upside down :)Best themeing I have seen from Thorpe Park :)

Those syringe-esque things really need to go, absolutely kill my ears when the air is blasted. Still want them to get rid of those God awful announcements that wreck the atmosphere. On the subject of ambience, absolutely love the added beat to the queueline ambience track inside the warehouse. Is it overlayed or part of the inside track? Does anyone happen to have a recording? Thankies. :)

To be honest, I've never seen why everyone says it's a bad ride, I love it and always come off thinking Ive had a great ride.Why do most people slag it off so much?

Because it's dull. I occasionally get a good, forceful ride on it but it only happens maybe one every four or five rides or so. It leaves me disappointed too many times.

Is it the longest Gerstlauer Eurofighter or is Mystery Mine at Dollywood longer?

Saw is longer (apparently) but......................Mystery Mine urinates all over Saw by far...I did them both in the same year and MM absolutely blew Saw apart...Better theming on inside and outside... TWO lift hills of the vertical variety... More SFX (I.e. not air cannons and a fountain)... The epic Dive Loop finale... Yeah... MM is so much better... It ruined Saw for me... Not that there was much to ruin, it's another ride that got hyped up when it was just an average (and rough) Eurofighter that got an IP attached to it to make it more scary...It's scarier walking down my street than going on that ride...

I come off thinking that to!I guess it's just because we think of all the things they could've done better? :(

Yep thats right, thankfully the General Public are not as hard to please and lap it up!Its hardly a bad ride, easily the best themed ride weve seen since Tidal Wave (IMO) and the ride its self is a pretty intense decent ride.

Mystery Mine urinates all over Saw by far...I did them both in the same year and MM absolutely blew Saw apart...Better theming on inside and outside... TWO lift hills of the vertical variety... More SFX (I.e. not air cannons and a fountain)... The epic Dive Loop finale... Yeah... MM is so much better... It ruined Saw for me... Not that there was much to ruin, it's another ride that got hyped up when it was just an average (and rough) Eurofighter that got an IP attached to it to make it more scary...It's scarier walking down my street than going on that ride...

I have also done both of them and I do not agree that mystery mine is better than saw. Firstly saw has what I would describe as a better theme.Secondly on mystery mine you are inside for a very short time.Thirdly on mystery mine the indoor drop is rubbish.Lastly saw is much better at suprising you than mystery mine.