SAW: The Ride

Mark9

The eurofighter lap bar restraints would be similar to what you would find on a Maurer Sohne X-car coaster, as I have a feeling the ones on rush would not be big and sturdy enough for inverting transitions. Although having said that, some Schwarzkopf coasters that go upside down have lap bars. I highly doubt that Saw will ever get lap bars now.

• 3 weeks later...

Lap bars would make it feel more terrifying and more of the saw feel I think . Would be a change but my girlfriend would refuse to go on I Think few people would . It Would whip people around more and agree with post above the upper part of your body would take a big strain .

Rush is great with lapbars though.......

Rush doesnt go upside down though. I personally would love saw with the lapbars, but there are a lot of people in the public who will only go on a rollercoaster that goes upside down with the overhead restraints. How ever fun it could be, the overall factor is, will they get enough people going on it.Not likely to happen though

Rush doesnt go upside down though. I personally would love saw with the lapbars, but there are a lot of people in the public who will only go on a rollercoaster that goes upside down with the overhead restraints. How ever fun it could be, the overall factor is, will they get enough people going on it.Not likely to happen though

Think will turn people off like you say would be very rare I'f they go for lap bars .

People don't really like Lap Bars though do they?The ammount of times I've had to convince people they're not going to fall out of Rush (2 or 3 I think) :rolleyes:

People for some reason think lapbars aren't as safe, possibly down to rides like Rush and Megafobia where you get so much air time.

Hi there :rolleyes: I have been "lurking" the forum for a while now and this seems like a nice community for thrill-seekers and alike, so I have decided to take the leap and register! Here goes..I went to Thorpe Park last year for my first time (I'll be going back in August) and I thought SAW was a great ride, particularly because the SAW series is one of the best series of films IMO. Although I did prefer Colossus, SAW is a great ride and I will be sure to go on it in August. The theming is good inside the building but I would've preferred it if more of the queue line was inside as I felt like a miserable drowned rat waiting with my brother. The actual ride itself is fun but not as good as Colossus as I don't think it gives you that "Wow" factor but nontheless me and my brother enjoyed it.-Tom