SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Problems abound at Surrey's favourite teenage playground today (sorry, "THE NATION'S THRILL CAPITAL" as the website declares) as Saw: The Ride came to a complete standstill and was then clamped in position on an incline

Best part.

To be honest, if some Eurofighters can stall after the 'extreme' weather conditions of today (ie, a bit of rain and some faster-than-normal wind), then I wouldn't see the point in building them in the UK...If what you've heard is true, I'm more than a little bit surprised...

Considering the ride stalled first thing, no...

Shame to here that it stalled ;) , I agree with you there benin. Last year I went on it with high winds and rain and it was perfectly fine :/ and stealth was shut that's how bad it was . Shame to see it out of action it's a great ride .

Would I be the only person to say I was slightly dissapointed with saw the ride? I thought it was a great ride but I hyped myself up for it to absolutely scare me !"£$less. ;) I just laughed the entire time.... and this is coming from someone who as from the other day had only experienced chessington(vampire ride was the "scariest" ride id been on, I'm a pussy) :D I'm not slating it, I just expected it to be a little bit more scary. the lift hill scared me more than the drop, I thought the drop would make me feel at least some g force?the only time it scared me was when we were first in the park ran to saw greeted by an empty station room for 5 minutes then about 6 members of thorpe park staff jumped out and screamed "RAAAHHHH" :D

Hello all!Was sifting throoght the web and came accros an artical detailing about "Saw - The Ride Evacuation."Here Is What It Said (Copyright from Merlin Mania.com)SAW: The Ride, Thorpe Park's newest roller coaster stalled today, on the incline before the Overbank turn. It is unknown what caused the ride to stall, but it would not be surprising if the ride were out of action for the next few days. Riders were safely evacuated with a cherry picker.Picture: http://rollercoasterxtreme.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/stalled-saw.jpgIt is extremely uncommon for rides to stall like this.Looks quite serious and like thay said will be out of action for a while.But what could have caused it?

SAW: The Ride, Thorpe Park's newest roller coaster stalled today, on the incline before the Overbank turn. It is unknown what caused the ride to stall, but it would not be surprising if the ride were out of action for the next few days. Riders were safely evacuated with a cherry picker.

No one was actually on the ride when this happened, it was during morning tests ;)

I've seen some wierd and wonderful things in the hill lift mecanics from a hair band that's been ever since I first went on it and last time I went on there was a squashed coke bottle . Amazing how jigsaw can trap these things ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to jump back a topic because I'm rather interested.Saw contracting ends..When does it end? Why wouldn't Thorpe renew the contract? The ride wouldn't be the same without the video audio and other excessive theming. Surley if the contract wasn't renewed the main name would have to change "saw"? I really hope they do extend it, its been a really successful ride. Are there any other rides that originally had theming contracts?Thanks