SAW: The Ride

Mark9

The thing that took me by surprise the most on this ride is the so called little drop inside actually felt very large lol :lol: Does anyone know how big the drop is inside? It certainly made my stomach go over it must be bigger then I thought, I've got a feeling they ride goes underground abit before comming back up!

The dark drop is actually my favorite part of the ride and it is fairly big too! It's also worth remembering that it does go deaper than you expect as well! Hope the pics give you the idea!post-3105-0-36710800-1322426666_thumb.jppost-3105-0-23795700-1322426865_thumb.jp(Thanks TPG)

Regarding the roughness in the final section, when the trim was on in April/May 2009 when it was having all the blocking issues, it was still rough. To remove the roughness from the final section I think you'd have to trim it so severely it wouldn't make it through the dive loop. I think it's just the shaping of those elements - the turn into the brake run certainly looks a bit skewed so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few imperfections in the dive loop too.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the actors in inside queueline will return for the 2012 season? I hate the actors so much that I would not go on the ride anymore because of them making you jump etc... and if they are still there in the 2012 season do you think I would be allowed through the rides exit to avoid them? seems unfair that they have done this considering they have SAW: Alive. Many Thanks TPJ.

Does anyone know if the actors in inside queueline will return for the 2012 season? I hate the actors so much that I would not go on the ride anymore because of them making you jump etc... and if they are still there in the 2012 season do you think I would be allowed through the rides exit to avoid them? seems unfair that they have done this considering they have SAW: Alive. Many Thanks TPJ.

I may be wrong but I think the actors were only in the queue when Saw Alive was closed. There may have had some extra for Fright Nights on peak days as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the roughness on Saw ads to the experience of it, that plus the inside section makes it my favourite ride a Thorpe, but The Swarm is coming so that might change soon:D

I have to agree. I've been on saw multiple times, in a range of weathers, and have never had a rough ride.

I don't even care what alot of people on the forum say..I think Saw is an excellent ride, and I hardly ever feel any of the supposed 'roughness' others do :P

I have to agree. I've been on saw multiple times, in a range of weathers, and have never had a rough ride.

You're all very lucky people.

I find Saw acceptable. Not amazing, not awful. The inside section makes it, the second half doesn't do much for me.I don't find it particularly rough, not to the extent I stop enjoying it, other than the occasional massive jolt at the bottom of the drop which just occasionally hurts like hell.

• 2 months later...

Me and the lovely Serena love saw and have ridden many times. Sometimes it's been rough others really smooth. Clearly as the day progresses and the track moves with the temperature the ride changes. One thing we have noticed is that the front is rougher than the rear. (did that seem a little rude? lol)

Saw was incredibly rough today! I don't think I've ever rode it as rough as it felt today. As it hit the breaks I was actually glad it was over and my head was pounding.If it wasn't for the roughness I'd love it much more than I do.I don't think the roughness adds anything to it other than a headache! I had to quickly go back on The Swarm to feel sane again...gotta love B&M smoothness.