SAW: The Ride

Mark9

It just makes so much more sense. If you look back at that first piece of concept art from before it was Saw (you know, the really woodsy sawmill-y one), a woodie with station & whatever other buildings in that style would have been so good. Would have actually seemed like the "Canada Creek Coaster" it was referred to as in the plans...Edit edit editPosted ImageGCI + ^ = Profit.

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing to note is different people's perceived definition of rough and actually how sensitive people are to roughness. Only place that I have felt a jolt is at the bottom of the drop and the last inversion followed quickly by being whipped into the break certainly can give your neck a good work out but that is just me.

Thing is, the roughness varies between each ride which is strange, maybe some cars are more susceptable to roughness.

I find weight balance can sometimes make an impression. When we have test rides in the morning; it's the smoothest I've ever experienced SAW, and the same is notable when it's first thing or last thing and there's two people in a car (like major off-peak, I have a picture to prove it) :PSounds daft, might just be my mind; but yeah, the lighter the car weight the smoother I find it :oAND I just wanted to post this :)Posted Image

Just get on the bloody coasters, they are great fun and the roughness of them is just over-exaggerated by pathetic morons.

Now thats not very nice now. Trust me jack, I'd rather enjoy my rides on Saw, then cringe as it tackles its first drop and final inversion. I hate not being able to enjoy it the way other do.

I'd say do them both because both are very different thrills and often, very different "roughness" on different people. I find Colossus close to unbearable, yet SAW one of Thorpe's smoothest coasters; and other's are quite the opposite, or are like Jack and are in-between. Give them both a go, they're both great rides! :)

The one and only time I rode Saw in the front row I found it to be a lot smoother, and maybe even more forceful but that might just be my mind playing tricks on me as it was a couple of years ago. The ride to me isn't unbearably rough, neither is Colossus... But they're both still a pain in the neck (and ears) more often than not.

I have to agree with the view the ride has become quite rough.I rode it Wed for the first time since 2010 and although it was great fun, it is rather painful in places. I think it varies between cars for sure. My ride on Saw felt more painful than Colossus, no exaggeration.

This is coming from the guy who went.... "oh that wasn't rough at a....OUCHHHH" on Saw. He's in denial. Too distracted by the Saw IP. :)

Well I won't comment on what it did to me this morning haha. But yeah, it can OCCASIONALLY be rough but nothing on Colossus. I come off Colossus and have to sit down and crack my back, back into place :P

I'll have to say yes Saw is damn rough...sometimes.Yes it gives me a slight headache that lasts a few minutes after, and yes I brace myself A LOT during certain points.But I really don't care. It's a fun ride that is full of intense and interesting inversions that you'd never see if Thorpe was some kind of B&M only park. On the flip side, the park would be just as bad if it just full of Gerstlauer coaster. Every company has its quirks, and that's what makes a park like Thorpe so unique, because it has it all.

• 2 weeks later...