SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Exactly it. The evacuation route for the front of the queue before the building is through fast-track and the queue in the building goes through the exit.

You sure on that? Seems a little daft to potentially evacuate a queue through a building that could be suffering structural collapse? ;)

Obviously in the case of major structural collapse in the building or any other event where there is an immediate threat, the queue would be evacuated through the large gates just before the entrance to the building, or via the padlocked gate near the retail shop or through the main entrance. Potentially the entire queue can be evacuated in around 2 minutes.

If the queueline was being evacuated because of a power cut or extended shut down, half the queue would go through the building and out through fast track, the other half out the entrance of the queueline. The evacuation procedure of both the queueline and the ride itself changes depending on the reason for evacuation.

Other reasons why people are not allowed to queue in the lower part of the building are 1) because people queueing on stairs can be potentially dangerous, especially in the dark and 2) fast track is mixed with the main queue at the end of the first corridor which is far easier if the queue isn't past the fast track entrance.

Obviously in the case of major structural collapse in the building or any other event where there is an immediate threat, the queue would be evacuated through the large gates just before the entrance to the building, or via the padlocked gate near the retail shop or through the main entrance. Potentially the entire queue can be evacuated in around 2 minutes.

If the queueline was being evacuated because of a power cut or extended shut down, half the queue would go through the building and out through fast track, the other half out the entrance of the queueline. The evacuation procedure of both the queueline and the ride itself changes depending on the reason for evacuation.

Other reasons why people are not allowed to queue in the lower part of the building are 1) because people queueing on stairs can be potentially dangerous, especially in the dark and 2) fast track is mixed with the main queue at the end of the first corridor which is far easier if the queue isn't past the fast track entrance.

I remember when saw first opened the queues where chocka block from the bottom and the fast track members weren't filtered in, they went straight to the top. Why has this stopped?

I remember when saw first opened the queues where chocka block from the bottom and the fast track members weren't filtered in, they went straight to the top. Why has this stopped?

Probably due to just filtering fastrack to make it easier on life. I doubt it'd be too much to do with how many people, as there's a few release points through the queue to escape - plus they used to do it anyway.

Chessie used to use this reason for vamps, tomb and bubbles.. but it was purely to filter fastrack and make sure their queueing was minimal than anything else - on days when fastrack wasn't sold they'd have the stations filled with people.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought id mention that I'm sure everyone knows that the DVD cameras had been taken away for some time when I went yesterday some of the cars had them screwed on. But not working.

They might of always been there on the car I rode on but I'm not sure

When we asked at the photo booth they said the Ride DVDs on Saw will not be sold anymore :P

It could of just meant that day but as lots of the cars have had the cameras removed, I won't expect to see it back.

Couldn't believe how awful the queue line is looking to Saw the Ride. All of the plants and trees are overgrown and hiding the themeing. It just looked a mess.

On top of that the soundtrack only seems to play on like one of the speakers despite them still working as the announcement of the breaking down could still be heard.

• 4 weeks later...