SAW: The Ride

Mark9

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't get how they can get away with marketing Saw as the world's most terrifying rollercoaster. Unless you hate coasters, there is nothing scary about it!

Especially not with Stealth and Swarm there which I would rate to be much scarier than Saw (even though neither of them scare me, but then again no rides scare me :P )

To be honest when I first rode Saw I was abit dissapointed cos I've been on all three eurofighters in this country, (Speed, Saw and Rage) and honestly even though the other 2 have no themeing, enjoy these ones more becuase they werent hyped up then they were opened like saw and therefore I enjoyed theseones more then Saw which I couldnt help but feel dissapointed at. Apart from the fact that Saw is rougher then the over 2,its the fact they hyped it up so much, its like Thirteen, you just wish they hadnt gone over the top with the hype because you would probably enjoy the ride more. That is my biggest problem with Saw.

I really don't get how they can get away with marketing Saw as the world's most terrifying rollercoaster. Unless you hate coasters, there is nothing scary about it!

Especially not with Stealth and Swarm there which I would rate to be much scarier than Saw (even though neither of them scare me, but then again no rides scare me :P )

Swarm and stealth scary? Saw is by far scarier than them especially with that vertical climb! The three most scary rides in TP have to be, detonator, slammer and saw!

I really don't get how they can get away with marketing Saw as the world's most terrifying rollercoaster.

The thing is, there's no way of judging 'scary'. What's scary to one person is boring to another. So, really, it's quite easy to get away with marketing it as the most terrifying coaster, as there's no scale to formally judge it. It has a horror theme, and a couple of moments which scare people, so it's simple for marketing. :P

Saw is a fun ride with friends, with a decent level of anticipation and -dare I say- moments of being scared, especially at the vertical climb + at the station.

When I first rode in 2009 I hated it, it was way too hyped and over too quickly and too compact - it left me wondering what theme parks were really after with coasters.

But a few years on I find that going on Saw - whilst not being a critical requirement of a good day - to be a fun and enjoyable ride for a good whizz around with friends. Isn't that what rides are really about? Getting to the end after having a bit of G force, buzzing with adrenalin and laughing at all your friends' hair being blown backwards and staying!

Whilst not being "world class" (what they now advertise the 5 main coasters as), it's a damn fun ride! [/end of speech]

Let's be realistic here. A drop towards swinging axes, a vertical lift hill, a very steep drop and the spinning blades. These are all things you wouldn't find on an average coaster!

To be honest when I first rode Saw I was abit dissapointed cos I've been on all three eurofighters in this country, (Speed, Saw and Rage) and honestly even though the other 2 have no themeing, enjoy these ones more becuase they werent hyped up then they were opened like saw and therefore I enjoyed theseones more then Saw which I couldnt help but feel dissapointed at. Apart from the fact that Saw is rougher then the over 2,its the fact they hyped it up so much, its like Thirteen, you just wish they hadnt gone over the top with the hype because you would probably enjoy the ride more. That is my biggest problem with Saw.

Whoa whoa, steady there...

Which with a bit of luck they will have.. (if its over of course)

I dont see why people think we would get any better theming added to a 4/5 year old coaster than what we have already.

The Saw name also still keeps it popular, cant see it ever being open as anything but Saw tbh.