SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I wouldn't call Saw 'themed'; more styled. I can think of at least 2 rides which are better themed - both of theme are at least as well styled or better too.

I genuinely don't think Saw is rough. I must admit, I did have an uncomfortable ride when I went to Summer Nights; it was my second in a row, and followed 5 goes on Swarm and Inferno, so I think it was more just needing a break than anything else. It's intense, and you can't deny that, but I think there's a fine line between intense and rough which is different for everyone.

Ah. Didn't explain myself properly there, and sorta said the wrong thing!

What I meant to say was it's more styled than themed. Whilst there is theming there, like the queue line traps, the headchopper and the stuff indoors (the police car has now gone and I don't think returning?), it's the way they've styled it all which works much better. The way everything feels abandoned and has grown with age, how the area feels secluded and such. I've always felt that Saw was designed to create a certain feel and tone, and never to be this full out immersive experience. and the way everything feels to me is that it's been styled to be like that, as opposed to themed.

Not even sure if that makes much sense to be honest. You could even say 'styling a ride' is the same as 'themeing a ride' I guess, but I think they're slightly different and that Saw is more styled than themed.

Feels odd without the music though!

It's not right is it! Feels very strange to have no music. Such a shame as it actually created a lot of atmosphere (terrible american accents aside).

I think Saw is fantastically themed! ok the outdoor queue is tedious if you're waiting a long time, but the indoor queue, stairwells, station area, exit and plaza are brilliant!

The biggest shame of all is that they no longer let anyone wait in the indoor queue any more, meaning we miss the props and videos, and are not allowed to stand in (arguably) the best themed stretch of queueline in the UK! Ridiculous!

The biggest shame of all is that they no longer let anyone wait in the indoor queue any more, meaning we miss the props and videos, and are not allowed to stand in (arguably) the best themed stretch of queueline in the UK! Ridiculous!

I agree, it's such a shame!

On Wednesday at the very end of the day there was no one at the entrance to the building so the queue was in that section - it was fantastic and brought back memories of 2009!

(To be honest I was surprised that the air piston and strobes still worked).

It is just some of the trains that give you a rough experience. The first time me and my friend rode it, it was fine but the second was really rough. We looked at the number of the car (4) and then dodged it for the rest of the day. We didn't have a rough experience for the rest of the day.

Simon%20Cowell%20almost%20chokes%20on%20

The only acceptable answer there is THE SWARM, love that ride

Though I do like Nemesis it doesn't beat SAW for me

Really, because Matt Creek got there first and seems to agree with me. Maybe we should just agree that we disagree and just try and spell Nemesis Inferno correctly in future ey ^_^

Tidal Wave is considerably more themed than Saw, something I'd thought was pretty clear. I'd personally give the edge to Nemesis Inferno over it as well, it's just a shame it's effects are less reliable as when they're all working the volcano effect really is impressive (the queueline misters :wub:)

As for the ride, I agree that not literally every ride I have is rough, but the vast majority feel like it's trying to cut my neck off, and not in an enjoyably immersive "oh I'm on a Saw themed ride" kind of way. A big problem for it for me is that even when it isn't like that, the layout itself is dull and feels awkward.

By that logic I have members that agree with me, does that mean my opinion is bigger than yours?

I think we should

3t6dt2.jpg

I forgot A word attached to the name, I think we can safely still identify which ride I mean...

Really because I thought Nemesis was at Alton Towers and Nemesis Inferno was at Thorpe Park. I'd understand if we were talking about Batman the Ride but not when its two different rollercoasters with two different names at two different theme parks.

Then again I said we should agree to disagree and you just wanted to carry on with saying I'm wrong about Saw when its quite clear that it's a mixed opinion as shown by people who have posted on here.

Then again, you seem to be conducting most of your points through GIF's and memes which was funny ten years ago, not so great anymore.

Aww cute, this is a thread about Saw the ride on thorpe mania forum, in the thorpe park section, it's pretty safe to say which ride I am refering to, otherwise I would have mentioned other rides from UK parks or around the world were better themed than SAW which is not what was being discussed.

Detonator...

Or serious suggestions, Tidal Wave, The Swarm and Nemesis Inferno.

TdIpAdg.gif

Oh and I suppose you never use gifs?

Yeah there are mixed opinions, lets leave it at that shall we?