SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Saw is plain old crap... It's the WORST Eurofighter in the world and is so over-rated with the apparently good theming throughout...

It's literally, an RCT ride with the building, a big block that doesn't look great in a theme park environment and is swarmed with junk and dolls... Inside you can't exactly theme staircases and it's all rather "look at me I'm all dark and foreboding"...

I rode Mystery Mine in 2009, and it is what Saw wishes it was... It even does the spooky haunted times better, has a better near miss to a crushing object, and FIRE!

Abd of course if you want a heavily themed interactive queue, then go on Fluch...

In short, Saw is a poor excuse for an IP themed attraction...

One thing we have all learnt from this topic is that everyone has very different tolerances with roughness. I personally have never had much of a roughness problem except the last turn is extremely snappy.

I can honestly say the first time I rode, waiting on the stairs and in the station I really had chills it had that kind of atmosphere. It is just dark section has a lot more potential. Maybe when Thorpe does away with the IP we'll see something happen in there other than shifting from trap to trap.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's been mentioned so I'm just gonna throw a few things out there:

1. SAW is getting rough this year IMO, and on my last visit it's the first time I've come off it and gone, that hurt so much I couldn't do it again - and I like SAW!

2. I'm getting bored of it. But I think there's a lot of reasons behind that.

And my main point...

I hate the fact you can now buy a Fastrack to the front row! It doesn't have a front row queue; nor a Fastrack queue to the station; and the main queue line is so OTT about there being no priority to the front its untrue.

Like I said, I like SAW; and I understand the logic behind no priority to the front (I mean it's two god damn rows for crying out loud) but this is illogical in my opinion. Because you're now gonna get people coming up and wiggling Fastrack tickets at the batcher for the front row; which is gonna cause issues with other riders in the main queue to start with, but also cause issues when normal Fastrack go'ers are batched into rows one and three with a standard Fastrack ticket, surely?!

It is money making things like this which make guests feel de-valued. Our best friends have refused to renew their passes due to excessive Fast Track selling, Thorpe almost giving away Annual passes to guests (Pay full price and get an annal pass).

It is good in the short term to make money and it benefits those who have the cash to splash, but for the general public and other pass holders it always leaves a sour taste in their mouth.

No one else noticed the police car is missing from the Saw plaza? Gone for repair? Taken away for change of IP? Making room for halloween preparations? Taken away to avoid further damage being done to it?

Take your guesses!

I'm guessing they took it away because of the glass being smashed and instead of paying out to replace it they just removed the whole thing :lol:

Rode Saw for the first time on Thursday very rough ride TBH although I thoroughly enjoyed it !

It was my first visit to TP as I only live 25 mins from Alton Towers me and my family organised a trip taking in Legoland, Chessington and then Thorpe park on our last day to just give me time to ride Saw, Stealth and The swarm ;) got to say I was very impressed with the park, love the vibe, theme-ing, music and overall quality of the experience will deffo be visiting again soon !

This evening Saw was the smoothest I have had in a long time and this was on two different cars. The wheels also sounded a lot quieter than normal too.

There was a few of us there too tonight! I'm personally not a fan of SAW at all but it really depends what car you get. We ended up riding 4 times in a row after a pretty tasty kebab. Car 4 is hideous, 1 is smooth but makes some unhealthy noises and feels like it's going to fall apart, and 5 is just really smooth :wub:

This evening Saw was the smoothest I have had in a long time and this was on two different cars. The wheels also sounded a lot quieter than normal too.

I agree with this, over the past 2 nights my 4 rides on Saw have all been smoother than ive ever had before.. not sure what theyve done but keep it that way!