SAW: The Ride

Mark9

The 2 people I know who've ridden it didn't have much to say in a negative light about it must be said...

Plus things like Mystery Mine and Fluch are very enjoyable and smooth, so I guess it's just an easy thing for many people to shun Gerst when their two closest 'big' rides are marmite rides...

• 3 weeks later...

Something worth noting about my go on saw last night..

Usually saw is really fast, chucking you over the airtime hill and last inversion, but also Jolty and rough as hell... Coming off feeling like crap with a throbbing headache!

Had a go last night and it sounded really rattly but was very smooth and came off feeling fine which was nice... Only problem it seemed unbelievably slow, it barely gave any airtime on the hill, and felt like it struggled to even make it up to the MCBR, and the most intense bit in my opinion which is the drop and last inversion after the MCBR just felt tame!

Had a go last night and it sounded really rattly but was very smooth and came off feeling fine which was nice... Only problem it seemed unbelievably slow, it barely gave any airtime on the hill, and felt like it struggled to even make it up to the MCBR, and the most intense bit in my opinion which is the drop and last inversion after the MCBR just felt tame!

I think that's kinda Saw's problem, I've always found the reason the ride is so uncomfortable is because it feels like it goes way too fast over the airtime hill and even more so on the drop coming off the MCBR and the dive loop

Totally agree with what Benin is saying here... There is no need to show off, the rides at thorpe park are very good for what we have in the UK at least. Comparing it to America is unecessary.

Saw for me at least is a very good ride. The ride time itself is one of the LONGER ones at thorpe park, it is only rough in places and there is decent airtime and is very intense and fun in sections. It may be nothing compared to America but please face reality. It is a decent ride for what we have in the UK and I certainly love it.

Saw always gets a bad rep for its roughness, and whilst I understand everybody's different and some people may get headaches etc, at the end of the day the ride is based on a horror film. It should leave you feeling like you've been assaulted, you're supposed to feel like you've somehow survived. A ride that's B&M smooth just wouldn't work for a ride based on Saw.

I really don't like saw. The pre lift hill section makes the rest of the ride seem short. For its age it is very rough and there isn't any elements I deem as fun. I much prefer stealth and swarm over saw. I would have preferred the wooden coaster planned for the site than saw. Even before going to america I didn't like it. Also yes I was boasting, I will only ever be here once so I will use it as much as I can, apologise if it was annoying.

The USA is great for theme parks, but it's not everything.

I agree with you that it's rough, but it's done the park wonders. It still draws the biggest queues in the park half a decade on, and it's become famous simply because of it's name! Yes, some of us might hate it (I quite like it), but you can't disagree that is was a good investment, business wise.

The woodie looked good, but it really didn't look outstanding. Lack of airtime, short... etc. Plus wooden coasters have moved on so much since 2009, it would seem a little outdated!

Saw always gets a bad rep for its roughness, and whilst I understand everybody's different and some people may get headaches etc, at the end of the day the ride is based on a horror film. It should leave you feeling like you've been assaulted, you're supposed to feel like you've somehow survived. A ride that's B&M smooth just wouldn't work for a ride based on Saw.

It's not just the fact that's it 'rough', it's just a very boring uninspired layout and frankly a pile of ****e with a dead IP attached to it  :)