SAW: The Ride

Mark9

31 minutes ago, Marc said:

Mmm out of the many coasters Merlin have constructed its the Gerstlauer ones which have problems.. yeah defiantly merin.. 

Who built Swarm? Since Merlin used TG Cruise for both Gersts they've built and we all know the trouble they've had with land slips and the like...

The oldest Eurofighter in the world had fewer kinks in it that Saw... There must be some external factor that means that many non-Merlin Eurofighters don't tend to bash you into oblivion...

• 1 month later...
On 09/06/2016 at 1:03 PM, Marc said:

Ride construction services as far as I know did swarm - as far as I know TG do a lot of ground work for Merlin and not just smiler / saw.

Correct - TG Cruse were groundworkers for SAW, Swarm, Smiler & Thirteen.

Stealth was J. Devine.

4 hours ago, holtjammy16 said:

Saw 8 comes out next year so we'll probably see this and saw alive keep their contract for a while still

I was told by a member of staff a few weeks back that the contract for both have been renewed for another two years. After that the contract is either going to be renewed again or a re-theme will happen (it will most likely be a zombie theme apparently).

Of course because this is from a staff member it is not the most reliable source, however her story was very convincing. She also provided us with lots more information about the future of Thorpe, but that information is unrelated to the topic and therefore unnecessary ;):)

If a staff member knows something about the future of any Merlin theme park, the chances are they won't be allowed to tell people about it.  So regardless of how convincing someone sounds, if they're telling you about the future, it's likely the future of some alternate universe...

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I have mixed love / hate feelings for Sore the ride. The theming is great but the coaster is so rough. It always seems to attract all the small children though. What's up with that?

Probaby because of the horror theme. It appeals to a much wider array of people.

• 1 month later...

Agreed with the headache after coming off of it, does my neck in so bad! also quite annoying how bad the queue gets for it especially on fright night it seems to be bad all day and night! But then again it is 'scary' so that would be why. Trying to imagine the ride not being associated with the saw franchise will be weird but I suppose no different to the 'air' now 'galactica' the "all new ride" rebranding!