SAW: The Ride

Mark9

First-time ride for me yesterday, having come straight back from California's Six Flags: Magic Mountain I thought that the Thorpe Park rides would underwhelm but SAW really impressed me.

Quite possibly on of the best starts to a ride I've been on and the ride experience itself is superb, great layout.

One question though, has it always been that rough on the ol' noggin? Came off with half a headache!

3 hours ago, punks said:

First-time ride for me yesterday, having come straight back from California's Six Flags: Magic Mountain I thought that the Thorpe Park rides would underwhelm but SAW really impressed me.

Quite possibly on of the best starts to a ride I've been on and the ride experience itself is superb, great layout.

One question though, has it always been that rough on the ol' noggin? Came off with half a headache!

I love the layout but hate the themeing; roughness comes and goes, luck of the draw, and also dependent on the truck you're in.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the blades on Saw, they look good spinning from the outside but when I've ridden it (with the blades spinning) I couldn't actually see any movement because I would've only have seen then for a split second. 

But if I'm being honest, the blades aren't that good of a near miss, I personally prefer the near miss on the indoor drop with the spikes as they're really the only thing you can actually see.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say head back definitely.

Saw is rough in a different way to something like Colossus. Colossus is rough in the way that you get uncontrollable headbanging (so having your head forwards would be better then). However with Saw, it's rough in the sense of breaking your neck kind of, so rather than being forced side to side you're really being forced forwards and backwards.

If you have your head forwards expect your neck to strain quite a lot but if you keep it back, you'll hopefully be able to enjoy the ride.

And generally from what I've noticed, it's smoother in the back row and on the inside seats.

9 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Is it rougher to sit in the front row or the back row?

2 hours ago, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

And generally from what I've noticed, it's smoother in the back row and on the inside seats.

;) 

That being said it's really depends on the train, it could be rough it could be smooth - it's a lottery with Saw.

13 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

What is the best head position for saw? Is it putting your head on the back of the restraint or move it forwards?

Head back definitely!  Try to get front row and train 2 if you can 

You might wanna take pain killers (I always do) as you can get a bit of a head bashing some times - but it's worth it!

1 hour ago, alexander said:

What we do know for sure though is it's a pile of ****ing ****e

Noooo Saw is the best :air_kiss:

I love that point on the bottom of the first drop where the car jolts and you can see everyone's necks break! :P It's the only ride apart from the no longer running Corkscrew at Towers that reliably gives me a headache. Considering Swarm glides as smooth as butter, this glides as smooth as pebble dashed cement poured into an unstable foundation. <_<