SAW: The Ride

Mark9

But at least they do spin. I'm just wondering how long it will take for some of the effects to stop working, especially the ones in the dark section.

It won't happen. Theres a contract with Lionsgate / Twisted Pictures that if 25% of the effects break, a shutdown MUST happen until they're fixed.Apparently...

It won't happen. Theres a contract with Lionsgate / Twisted Pictures that if 25% of the effects break, a shutdown MUST happen until they're fixed.Apparently...

Its if more than one bit of theming doesnt work it wont open. staff confirmed today. Lionsgate will check every few weeks apparently.

I wouldnt say its rough, its not like Colossus, its lovely and smooth inside the building especially the g-roll. Its just as you come out under the spinning blades and into the first loop theres a bit of a bump :D. The turns are so tight especially on the last section. The g-forces are mind blowing. Ride twice though, its hard to take everything in on one ride!

I was very impressed with the ride actually. Obviously there a few flaws meaning it's far from perfect but for a ride like this it is easily Thorpe's best rollercoaster.Just a few pros and cons because I'm tired and lazy.+ Very intense ride, particularly the first indoor drop and the final section. Very intense.+ Building theming is great and looks like the concept art.+ Back row is AMAZING. Whilst the front has the views, the back with no view means things come as more of a surprise to you. + Very jolty. Normally this is a negative however Saw doesn't give you a smooth and easy ride.+ Love Jigsaw, he's so cute!- So intense that it does give a headache after too many rides. But that is not really Saw's fault as it's not supposed to be a ride you go on over and over again.- The outside queue-line and Saw plaza is really lacking. There just isn't enough to really sell this as Europe's most scariest rollercoaster- If you are on the front car in the station you miss out on a pre-show and just zoom straight through into the ride. Again not really Saw's fault as that is what it was designed to do.I'd give it a 9/10 really. It's not as good as Nemesis but far better then a lot of UK rides.

I was very impressed with the ride actually. Obviously there a few flaws meaning it's far from perfect but for a ride like this it is easily Thorpe's best rollercoaster.Just a few pros and cons because I'm tired and lazy.+ Very intense ride, particularly the first indoor drop and the final section. Very intense.+ Building theming is great and looks like the concept art.+ Back row is AMAZING. Whilst the front has the views, the back with no view means things come as more of a surprise to you. + Very jolty. Normally this is a negative however Saw doesn't give you a smooth and easy ride.+ Love Jigsaw, he's so cute!- So intense that it does give a headache after too many rides. But that is not really Saw's fault as it's not supposed to be a ride you go on over and over again.- The outside queue-line and Saw plaza is really lacking. There just isn't enough to really sell this as Europe's most scariest rollercoaster- If you are on the front car in the station you miss out on a pre-show and just zoom straight through into the ride. Again not really Saw's fault as that is what it was designed to do.I'd give it a 9/10 really. It's not as good as Nemesis but far better then a lot of UK rides.

I agree 100%. just not jigsaw being cute =/

In the indoor drop, are there any spikes or anything, because on thorpe parks saw website, it had said there were spikes in it, and I have seen a video which was posted by matty and I couldnt see any. I'm a little confused if they have put them in and its just too dark to see it or if its just they havent put them in.

IanNem, I was juist wondering if when you have been on the ride, could you send a post saying whether there is any spikes at the first drop insde on the ride. thank you. :D

Yes. There are some swinging axes (with a bright red EStop button :D) and some spikes. They look REALLY good. And the drop is perfectly below them. Better then the main drop IMO :D

Well I have spoke to Thorpe about changing the dates of my tickets as I was due to go tomorrow but with people who have never been before (luckily I got on Saw on Friday) So I don't really want to take them when the majority of rides are having problems. Fingers crossed for next weekend!