SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Oh yeah, it would've been much better, it would capture everyones facial expressions and the initial 'woah' of the drop. Still, I know this is me looking into it way too deep :D , but it kind of shows the inferiority of the passengers against Jigsaw's watchful eye :)

:P.

I don't know if I'd want Saw to be a walk-on - I'm guessing you'd need at least a 20-minute queue to be able to take in all the scenery and stuff in the building section of the queue?

I suppose so, I think maybe 10 minutes. But for everything else in the park, walk-ons would be fab. :).

if your was a walk on you could take as much time as you like to see the scenery-depending on how long you would like to see them for,the best scenery is on the ride itself-right at the beginning with jigsaw on a trcicle,the pendulum blades and the spike floor-it all adds up to brilliant

I thought it was half the park is Chertsey, and the other half is the Staines grid? Ashford seems way too far away from Thorpe to me for them to be running off the Ashford grid rather than the Staines grid.

You may be right.I saw these 2 on Sunday:Posted ImageI dunno what day this photo was from because we saw them outside the Saw area, near Samurai. That girl is hot! She tickled me on the head with her whip thingy, and I was watching her walk about, and couldn't stop watching. :)On Sunday (my disasterous day when I didn't get on anything), my mate asked a member of staff what was inside the station and queueline, she said it's a surprise. I then mentioned I knew about the live actors, and the look on her face dropped just like that! Busted!

That girl picked me up :) lol, I said nice to meet you and she picked me up (she was on stilts)

I was there with you-the firl kept saying tea and biscuits when we asked if she wanted any,every time she walked passed she repeated it-tea and biscuits and then she said it in a chokey/scary/weird way like she was tired or bore or even possibly an old fogie

Went to Thorpe Yesterday and as said previously it was walk on's all day. Interesting that some of you seem to think a que is needed to build the atmosphere, maybe that was what was missing. Can't help but feel really disappointing with the end product. There were no actors today understandably considering the numbers at the park but the station and indoor que is tiny. I don't want to spoil it for others but after the first drop the ride just didn't delivery anything special. I don't know what the reactions that you have seen were but on the 7 rides I took each car was laughing at the second indoor section (the brief stop) although the 'water feature' was good at the final section. After that the ride was bland and uneventful sadly. The positive is definitely the island they have done a great in reclaiming that land, it seems allot closer to water level then say the lost city land/ Canada Creek. Going on Saw really made me appreciate how good Colossus, Nemesis and Stealth (even though it was closed) are. Is it a case of these are really amazing coasters or was Saw - well average. Maybe it's because there was no que/ actors but Saw felt exactly like it's shop - not something you'd particularly remember but it does the job. For those who have been on it and think it's great I'd be interested in knowing what made it great for you - So maybe I can approach/ look at it in a different way on the next visit. Oh lastly - The staff on Saw today were asking to see everyone's hands before trains were dispatched (to prevent POV filming) - Gotta say well done to them it's only a matter of time until someone gets hurt. I honestly believe they did this for safety reasons rather then to boost (future?) DVD sales for those syncs out there.