SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Hey, I don't hate Saw but am not the rides biggest fan. I think the 'world's scariest' is a little over the top but I understand the difficulty in design as not everyone is scared by the same things. In a space as short as the indoor section it's difficult to get an effective scare. The first drop is great no complaints their but the second section (don't want to spoil it so will give vague description) with a stop and air effects could be allot better. It's easy to criticize so I'm gonna suggest cheap scares like hooded pig head mannequins jumping out of gap on each side as is done effectively with the Mummies at Chessington (tomb blaster) and Duel with ghouls at Alton. The longevity of these scares will not be great but they will make people jump (since the average person will only visit 1-3 times a year it could be effective). The third section (water feature) could just be improved by having sound effects on route to seeing the water feature > Shouting who is that? What do you want? then the current effects as if you have actually hurt someone. Thing is it's an OK ride and the area/ island is understandably very under grown in regards to plants and there are allot of empty spaces (as it's new) when they decide what to put in these spaces it will change the feel of the ride > like Nemesis it will get better in time.

The shotguns on the seiling inside the queue scared quite a few people. Almost made me jump :lol:

Yeah, they made me jump first time aswell, and I was right under them. Went there with the RCCGB today, and thought Saw was an average ride, but with decent themeing. I don't think it's as good as Speed at Oakwood, but the inside drop took me by surprise, though I knew it was there from construction pictures.Kept breaking down again though, but that meant that we had our club ERS on it in the Dark, because of the length of the queue they had to get through.

To be honest I wouldnt call any rollercoaster scary. Us coaster fanatics are so used to rollercoasters and g-forces and speen we don't get the same sensations as one time riders get.Obviously Thorpe are gonna wanna attract as many people as the can to the park hence why they advertise the rides as the worlds greatest and worlds scariest. I do think nemesis inferno is a fantastic ride and to be honest I found Saw to be very thrilling. Most of the time the public use scary as another way of saying thrilling.

The indoor theming is amazing, but lets be honest here, once you've gone down the second drop under the spinning saws, there is absolutely no theming.. That's a real shame because of just how good the indoor section is.I'm not impressed with the ride experience because of the fact that it's incredibly rough (for a brand new rollercoaster) and it does actually hurt at the very bottom of the second drop where it feels like they haven't quite put the track together right. I do enjoy going up the lift hill vertically :)

The indoor theming is amazing, but lets be honest here, once you've gone down the second drop under the spinning saws, there is absolutely no theming.. That's a real shame because of just how good the indoor section is.

I think the fact that the outside isn't themed actually adds to the whole experience. The lack of props etc and just the visible rubble and areas of water, this all makes the whole 'SAW' experience more realistic.

I don't really think grass around it would make it that good, the fact its all dirt and concrete foundations makes the warehouse look more realistic. Indoors however I think there is much much more potential for the inline twist, just one body under it does make it look slightly bare.

I don't really think grass around it would make it that good, the fact its all dirt and concrete foundations makes the warehouse look more realistic. Indoors however I think there is much much more potential for the inline twist, just one body under it does make it look slightly bare.

It wasn't until my third ride on SAW that I actually noticed the body under the inline twist :).

I rode Saw 12 times today!!! And I have to admit that the scariest bit was probably the inline twist body squirter. He shouts like a duel zombie. Does anyone here know why Saw had a bit of a delay for 3 or 4 minutes at 5:00 today? I couldent here what the announcer was saying but it sounded interesting.

I rode Saw 12 times today!!! And I have to admit that the scariest bit was probably the inline twist body squirter. He shouts like a duel zombie. Does anyone here know why Saw had a bit of a delay for 3 or 4 minutes at 5:00 today? I couldent here what the announcer was saying but it sounded interesting.

12 times on a Sunday?? did you go on anything Else?.