SAW: The Ride

Mark9

People need to stop blaming Thorpe for this. SAW has the excuse that it is new, and S&S aren't the most reliable manufacturer in the world an Slammer, and it's a pretty complicated ride. Give Thorpe some slack OK? It's not they're fault and I'm pretty sure Thorpe do all they can fix their problems, but do remember that Thorpe can and do call in engineers to help them fix the rides. Sometimes the engineers aren't available, which means that rides stay closed for longer, which can't be helped.

People need to stop blaming Thorpe for this. SAW has the excuse that it is new, and S&S aren't the most reliable manufacturer in the world an Slammer, and it's a pretty complicated ride. Give Thorpe some slack OK? It's not they're fault and I'm pretty sure Thorpe do all they can fix their problems, but do remember that Thorpe can and do call in engineers to help them fix the rides. Sometimes the engineers aren't available, which means that rides stay closed for longer, which can't be helped.

Agreed, Rush is a prototype, and Slammer is complicated like Mr.Hicks said, and SAW is new and has teething problems this cannot be helped, I also think that Thorpes Engineers are always very quick and efficient, they get the ride up and running very quickly.

Agreed, Rush is a prototype, and Slammer is complicated like Mr.Hicks said, and SAW is new and has teething problems this cannot be helped, I also think that Thorpes Engineers are always very quick and efficient, they get the ride up and running very quickly.

the engineers were kept busy at stealth today I tell ya, By the way about the jigsaw body.. I'm sure it is him.. if you watched the 1st film you will see that he is faking being dead

I'm sorry, but it is Thorpe Park's fault that there are so many problems. I've been 4 times this season, and everytime it's been a shambles. Maybe the odd day could be forgiven, but so far every day of both Thrill Chill and the main season has been a mess. Us lot that go all the time may forgive, but the general folk who go to TP will not. I was speaking to a couple who'd been on the opening weekend to ride saw, only to find it break down. They were given a free entry ticket to come back only to find it closed again! (and yes, we know to check the website for availability, but I bet the average Joe does not). Unless they sort it all out ASAP before the peak season, they're going to get themselves a very bad reputation from the general public.(The staff were as always very good, and don't get me wrong, I love Thorpe Park!)

Why? It's Thorpe delivering a crappy day out, not S&S, if their rides aren't available.

Just like to point out on SAW's behalf it is not only a new ride which is bounding to have adjustment issues, it is also a learning curve for Gerstlauer, with the amount of MCBR, the effects, weather problems, etc. Therefore, SAW has to be let of.Slammer, a complicated ride made by a manufacturer whose rides aren't as reliable as they could be. Yes, I suppose it is easily fixable with right training, etc. but the engineering team are probably more concerned about Stealth. Concerning Stealth, which I've heard opened today, there was very strong winds about. Strong winds, plus the extra wind chill and that from the lake means there's more likely to be rollbacks. Furthermore, Inferno's breakdown, a ride is allowed to break down every now and then, am I right? Rush, a prototype, never that much luck anywhere with a prototype. FF and X, usually reliable, but the park is probably just trying to focus on the bigger rides which are in more demand.Not having a go at anyone here, but I'm shocked at the amount of people that are having a go at Thorpe and being not necessarily rude, but 'out-of-order' if you so. Thorpe are trying their best; they hate braekdowns as much as we do. Yes, their reliability can be unacceptable and that is something that Thorpe have admitted to and are putting as one of their main priorities. I'm saying Thorpe are perfect, I'm not saying they don't deserve to have customers being angry at them, I'm just looking at this from an in the middle view. Just remember how hard the park are actually working and remember how much the park has actaully given to you throughout the years of their hard work.

Just like to point out on SAW's behalf it is not only a new ride which is bounding to have adjustment issues, it is also a learning curve for Gerstlauer, with the amount of MCBR, the effects, weather problems, etc. Therefore, SAW has to be let of.Slammer, a complicated ride made by a manufacturer whose rides aren't as reliable as they could be. Yes, I suppose it is easily fixable with right training, etc. but the engineering team are probably more concerned about Stealth. Concerning Stealth, which I've heard opened today, there was very strong winds about. Strong winds, plus the extra wind chill and that from the lake means there's more likely to be rollbacks. Furthermore, Inferno's breakdown, a ride is allowed to break down every now and then, am I right? Rush, a prototype, never that much luck anywhere with a prototype. FF and X, usually reliable, but the park is probably just trying to focus on the bigger rides which are in more demand.Not having a go at anyone here, but I'm shocked at the amount of people that are having a go at Thorpe and being not necessarily rude, but 'out-of-order' if you so. Thorpe are trying their best; they hate braekdowns as much as we do. Yes, their reliability can be unacceptable and that is something that Thorpe have admitted to and are putting as one of their main priorities. I'm saying Thorpe are perfect, I'm not saying they don't deserve to have customers being angry at them, I'm just looking at this from an in the middle view. Just remember how hard the park are actually working and remember how much the park has actaully given to you throughout the years of their hard work.

I personally am not overly fussed when rides are closed at Thorpe. Yes, it's dissappointing at the time, but having an annual pass means that another trip is cheap and easy. However, the point I was trying to make it that from a guests point of view the park is a shambles. I don't see how anybody could argue with that. When a guest goes to a park to ride "the new ride" aka Saw, and it's broken down, that's not a good start. Then, when their other three main attractions are suffering extended downtime throughout the day I think guests are going to start to get a little hacked off and worried about the state of the place they've paid to visit. No day this season have all the rides been open. Most days multipal rides have been shut (and the "good ones" at that, including Saw). I agree that Thorpe must hate breakdowns as much as we do, but will the average guest paying to get in think they care? No. And that's where the problems will lie for Thorpe unless it gets its' act together.

In the eyes of the public yes, all these break downs are unacceptable. However, when you have fanboys - the ones who actaully know in more detail what the park is like, etc. - start to have a go at Thorpe, turn their backs on them if you will, then that's what I'm failing to understand. There's being critical and there's just being unreasonable...

I think that we should all give thorpe a bit of slack :Dthey are obviously trying their hardest to keep the park up and running but I'm sure the weather conditions arent helpinglike with saw it could have been the wind blowing the carriage back off on to the chain? I'm probably wrong though :Ljust think in the long term that all the rides will be open (including saw with problems all sorted :D )and the peak season will be the best yet :Dalthough saw has had a bad start I think in the long term it will be a great success

To be honest, I understand that they are having problems but it is starting to annoy me a little as I have already postponed my trip twice and am now planning to visit on Sunday but am worried that rides are going to unavailable already and it's only Wednesday. As much as I am a "fangirl", I can't afford to buy an Annual Pass so it is hard to not be slightly annoyed when you fork out the money to go and then don't get to ride half of the rides.I'll never turn my back on Thorpe but I can understand why people who don't know what's happening and things do. Fingers crossed everything will get better soon though :D

And then there's walking from Colossus to Inferno and only having Rocky Express open.I'm sorry, how anyone can forgive nine rides closed at once on the first full open day of the season is beyond me. It's not turning my back, it's voting with my feet.

Hmm I see what you meanseems a shame that all the good rides can close at the same time :DI would be gutted if I was there :D

Just like to point out on SAW's behalf it is not only a new ride which is bounding to have adjustment issues, it is also a learning curve for Gerstlauer, with the amount of MCBR, the effects, weather problems, etc. Therefore, SAW has to be let of.

Gerstlauer have many Eurofighters. I don't think this is the first time weather problems might have interrupted one of them :D. And there is only one MCBR, and a lot of other Eurofighters have MCBR's as well, so it really isn't a new thing for them. And Thorpe are the ones who should be maintaining the effects, not Gerstlauer.I try and stick up for Thorpe, sometimes there are times when they can't help the situation, but so far this year I agree has been ridiculous. The Sunday I went on 2 weeks ago I'd say was ok for breakdowns (even though Saw, Stealth, Loggers Leap and Slammer were all closed), but from what I've heard, there haven't been much other good days really.It's fine that rides breakdown, it happens to every ride all around the world, but at Thorpe it seems to happen countless times every single day, for every single ride. It could be luck for all I know, but Thorpe just doesn't seem to be up to scratch of the other UK Theme Parks reliability standards at the moment.

How is it Thorpe Park's fault if a ride break's down, Its not as though they did it on purpose, These things happen. :DAlso I went on Sunday, only stealth was unavailable, so thorpe are doing well with the rides, There were bound to be mess-ups, they had'nt been open for months. It will take a week or two to get back into the routine!! don't blame thorpe park balme the ride's or the manufactorer's