SAW: The Ride

Mark9

don't blame thorpe park balme the ride's or the manufactorer's

Once a ride is out of the hands of its manufacturer, Thorpe Park are responsible for its upkeep. The rides break down so often because they don't get all the maintainence they clearly need.If I bought a Ford Corsa, and 4 years later I haven't done enough work on it to keep it going, it isn't Fords fault, its my fault. The same applies to Thorpe Park.

don't blame thorpe park balme the ride's or the manufactorer's

Ah ok, so the day I went, I can blame Mondial, Gerstlauer, Vekoma, Mack, Intamin (X3), S&S and whoever the hell built the Canada creek Railway. That's a lot of manufacturer hate right there. :D

Could someone please answer me a question? (And apologies if this has already been mentioned and I havn't seen it). Outside of the SAW queueline, a sign reads "The Queueline may contain Live Actors", (or something along those lines). Where on earth in the queueline would there be room for live actors? The only place I can think of is in the traps, pretending to be victims of Jigsaw.

Just thought I'd mention that I saw the advert on itv1 a minute ago and it looks so good on the tele. It's probably one of the best Thorpe Park ads and a lot better than last years (with the man in the park). There was also an ad for the annual pass which wasn't so good... :D

I agree. It is a good advert.

Gerstlauer have many Eurofighters. I don't think this is the first time weather problems might have interrupted one of them :D. And there is only one MCBR, and a lot of other Eurofighters have MCBR's as well, so it really isn't a new thing for them. And Thorpe are the ones who should be maintaining the effects, not Gerstlauer.

I thought there were 3 of them WARNING, small spoiler. The outside one, the start of the ride(?) and then when the gunshots and crossbows are fired.

Ah ok, so the day I went, I can blame Mondial, Gerstlauer, Vekoma, Mack, Intamin (X3), S&S and whoever the hell built the Canada creek Railway. That's a lot of manufacturer hate right there. :D

CCR was manufactured by a company called Severn Lamb I think...I must say the tele advert is very good (the Merlin Pass thing - on all Merlin ads - is VERY annoyng mght I just add), the radio advert is okay. I'm starting to really dislike the Jigsaw voice used; sounds like a cheap knock-off.

Just with regards to the tv/cinema ads:-I haven't stopped seeing the ads in the past week across tv, but does this not all seem a bit rushed?The advert seems just classic badly-cut footage (nothing new), along with a dodgy billy voiceover :) However I do like how Thorpe, and Merlin, are actually running a proper full-scale tv ad campaign; as opposed to the usual 'hit and miss' adverts that hardly ever appear each year.Why are they doing all this promotion so early in the season though? They're spending so much money advertising a ride that, so far, has had terrible reliability :PFingers crossed from now on though, and any adverts better than no advert I suppose :P