SAW: The Ride

Mark9

when will thorpe start to sell SAW individual fastracks?.will SAW fastracks ever be in a package like the stealth ones?.

I have heard that they will start to sell them in May, and I doubt they will add SAW to a fastrack package untill another major coaster is added, they still may not even do it then.

Apparantly (Acording to SP) Saw's cars have had the wheels replaced to stop the sqeeking and 'jerkyness.'Also it is being worked on through the night to fix capasity issues.

Hmm that would possibly explain the random huuge pile of wheels in the workshop.

Does anyone know if its running 8 cars yet??

Nope! Still 6 cars.

Grr - when 8 cars? :huh:

When I was just about to get on and the gates were JUST about to open, the lights came on inside the indoor bit and the station, and it had broken down. Bummer! It showed how bare and plain looking the indoor section really is. Well, as far as you can see from the station.

Well I haven't seen the station with it's lights on, but like I said in this topic after the first time I rode it last month, it just goes to show how overhyped the station is. All that excitement for nothing. Overrated is another word that can be used.I ain't blaming Thorpe Park Mania for misleading us or anything, but the pictures of the station with it's blood-stained floor show what the station ain't.

The station, in my opinion, is one of the best in the UK and possibly in the top 10 of Europe.The floor is actually blood-stained as well. While in the SRQ, I saw the blood stains in that queue. The blood goes from the main queue line, which I could see, and to the fake doors in the SRQ. However, due to the quickness of the queue in the station, you don't get much time to look. Plus, the SRQ makes it easier to see the 'tools' behind the metal mesh. The lights are also very good, espically when they are darkened and turned back up. The audio is great and all the plans are very good. Plus, the metal hand rails can be really cold, like the overall building in fact, and that really adds to the effect. Plus, the spaces between the wall boards letting small amount of light through is a good effect, planned or not. The manakins are a nice effect as well, espically the one representing the barbed wire maze from SAW I. The ofload station, although not as good, is still very good and still gives you the feel. The wheelchair lift as well has some very nice touches also.As for the whole indoor bit looking plain with the lights on. The lights aren't mean to be turned on, so what they've got is very good and doesn't have too much to see, but just enough. Much more would have meant that you wouldn'tof had enough time to see what was there. Plus, the ride did go over budget (well, I think so).

I hope people don't mind me repeating myself...Theming the outside isn't going to happen. SAW has VERY close interaction to CCR, and CCR is designed for young children. So, having headchoppers that young children will come close to is a bad idea (yes, there is the first one, but that is easier to avoid or for parents to explain. Plus, having headchoppers around the course would be pointless because you're going to fast (unless you have one just after the MCBR). As for the trench, I don't know why that hasn't been filled in, but possily someone who does know could say as to why. In other words, the outside won't be themed because of CCR.However, I do agree that a mist effect when you come out and some sort of fire inside would have been worthwhile (and, afterall, Mystery Mine has it).

No offense Josh, but your argument is a little poor. These young children can easily see the station building and have easy access to this 'inappropriate' themeing from simply wandering onto the island. I honestly think that a form of headchopper, such as a small shack would be effective. The whole outside area is lacking any form of themeing from the drop. Other than that though, its good!

My point is more theming isn't going to be around the rest of the track due to CCR, not just headchopper effects. As for the actual headchopper we've got, it is more an onlooker effect as opposed to a on-ride effect. You CAN see it yes, but it looks much more imposing off ride than on ride.

The point is, this is suppose to be the worlds 'scariest' ride, and the park wants to be known for its thrills. So I can't see them giving priority to CCR.Therefore there aren't really many excuses for the lack of landscaping and theming/effects outdoors. This is also blatantly obvious even just from the queline and surrounding area. With all the money the park are being fed from Lionsgate for marketing, I cant help but think they could have done a bit more?

The point is, this is suppose to be the worlds 'scariest' ride, and the park wants to be known for its thrills. So I can't see them giving priority to CCR.

Although the park is focusing on become a Thrill Park for Thrillseekers, many families come for days out. Even the Cheesie is close, some families just prefer to go there. So, the park would want to try and keep all guests happy by making a young children's attraction suitable for children.I do agree the ride could have more outside theming and more effects added. However, the park have made their choice and I guess they more wanted the ride to be one part theming, the other part roller coaster. Thus, in comparison, the inside seems even better.Also, I do believe the ride went over budget (which would explain why the second entrance is incomplete) so yes, they could have done more, but there's a point when the actual ride has to come before the theming.

It's a Eurofighter!!

Well done...

Even the Cheesie is close, some families just prefer to go there.

Why? Chessie is cheaper, and practically all their rides are aimed at families. Thorpe is much more expensive, has much ruder guests, and have very few (and poor quality) kiddie rides *glares at Octopus Gardens*.