SAW: The Ride

Mark9

mee tooo

*concurs* Well if you think about it, it's not as if it's going to be full of families: that's what they have Chessington for. This is the peak time for students to go as exams are just finishing, or have already finished for some universities, so for anyone wishing to avoid the adolescent-thrillseeker-surge.... go earlier? :/

I take that as an insult.

mee tooo

I don't see why you're taking it as an insult, the park is aimed at your age group so of course its gonna be filled with teens. They're obviously doing something right cos they're getting their target audience perfectly.

Not all chavs are c*nts though. Maybe people should stop getting offended about tiny little things - teenagers are often annoying and offensive, even if they're not chavs. If you're safe in the knowledge that you're not a mug who'll annoy someone you're going to be spending >1 hour with in a queue, then no need to get offended.

Try not to get offended so easily, your reading too much into what I said. I'm a teen myself, I simply meant because it's half term, adults are mostly at work and many teens go in big groups. I'm not stereotyping, I know I'd just rather be in a full park of families then in a park full of teenagers.This is because I cannot stand endless often huge groups of people dominating queue lines; and secondly because they want to go on all the rides I do!

If anything I've found the younger-than-teen crowd worse XD some of the things they come out with... a couple of kids behind us in the Zodiac queue were arguing as to why they should invent a rollercoaster that goes at the speed of sound. And we were in front of some kids in the Saw queue (see, I am totally on topic >.>) who would NOT STOP WHINING about the ride.If everyone behaved appropriately the age group of visitors wouldn't be a problem, but that won't happen, so I guess we just put up with what we have to deal with.

I don't mindIts always funny hearing people come up with ridiculous ideas such as that ^ :PGood for a laugh

Completely agree with that. We always have a laugh about what we hear in various queue-lines, and it adds a lot to our day. The great diversity of visitors is something I really love :P.

Completely agree with that. We always have a laugh about what we hear in various queue-lines, and it adds a lot to our day. The great diversity of visitors is something I really love :P.

My friend said he once heard someone say that when rides like stealth get stuck at the top, the reason they want to get the train down so quickly is that "the track won't support the weight of the train and might collapse." He laughed XD

You lot including Ben really need to watch your mouths!You're basically trying to say that Chavs and teenagers are what's all bad about Thorpe. Not all Chavs are bad and that's a massive stereotypical thing to say.Every type of person is bad in their own way - it's bang out of order to just single any group of people.You're just so immature and ignorant to realise.

You lot including Ben really need to watch your mouths!

From his posts.. I believe what Ben was trying to say is that the park is "worst" when it's full of teenagers probably because of issues like overcrowding/queue-jumping/bad conduct etc. which is pretty noticable as coming from the teenage population. His comment was aimed more at the presence of teenagers IN THE PARK rather than singling teenagers out as a universally bad group in themselves, since he says he is also a teenager.That's just what I got from it :/

You lot including Ben really need to watch your mouths!You're basically trying to say that Chavs and teenagers are what's all bad about Thorpe. Not all Chavs are bad and that's a massive stereotypical thing to say.Every type of person is bad in their own way - it's bang out of order to just single any group of people.You're just so immature and ignorant to realise.

I don't need to watch my mouth, thanks. I think this is just a case of you not understanding my point.I think maybe your idea of a 'chav' is different to mine, as I am referring to 'chavs' as people who are rowdy/queue jump/arrogant and make the park a worse place for others. So no, I think all 'chavs' are bad, yes.I'm entitled to an opinion.

That's a shame :/ because it really doesn't have anywhere near the same effect if they aren't swinging like they should. A stationary blade is hardly as scary.Another thing I found on it was the drop was over too quickly for me to really find it scary: if anything I was more scared on the lift-hill. Maybe they should have invested in an Oblivion-type drop chain to hold you at the top of the drop over the spinning blades for a couple of seconds before releasing the train? Little things, but..

Maybe they should have invested in an Oblivion-type drop chain to hold you at the top of the drop over the spinning blades for a couple of seconds before releasing the train? Little things, but..

I'm not actually sure that's available on Eurofighters - to my knowledge, no existing Eurofighters in the world have that. The lift is really tense though, especially at the bottom where the chain starts moving but it doesn't catch on to the lift straight away!