SAW: The Ride

Mark9

The lift is tense, the drop I found disappointing. As for whether or not it's available, I have no idea: I don't know enough about rollercoaster engineering. But theoretically, it could have made for a better drop.The blades were also slightly lacking for me =( I barely even noticed them as the train went down, but I don't know if that's just me. They just had less of an impact while actually on the ride than if you watch them spin while queuing.

In comparison to the first drop, I didn't find the main drop that good. It's nowhere near as forceful, and I reckon the whole '100 degrees' thing is mainly for show - it still just feels like vertical (although I will say that the main drop looks pretty badass from offride). I think the blades are mainly for show as well; I didn't really notice them until I made a conscious effort to stare at them on the way down, so I think they're more there to look intimidating from offride.

I don't think a holding brake would be that feasible on SAW. In the end, for it to be effective, it would have to hold at the point just before the tilt, which would then lose the intensity of the drop. In the end, I would have wanted a holding brake, the how feasible it is a different question...

I'm going thorpe on the 13th june and I'm thinking of buying ultimate fastrack but can anyone tell me if the saw fastrack is included with this thanks, thorpeparkmad11

Yes it is now, but £50 is a rip off! you better off spending 18 quid on Extreme and Adrenaline fastracks for lots of main rides (Vortex, Rush, Samurai and Stealth for adrenaline..... Colossus, Nemesis, X no way out and Tidal wave or Loggers leap for extreme) but up to you :)

For the first time when I have ridden, the pendulum blades were in operation today :). In fact, all of the effects were.

Which was great :D.In fact I really have to compliment on the effects this month, especially the Nemesis Inferno effects, I haden't even seen some of those effects before.

From an engineering point of view, I don't believe there's any reason why it would not be possible to hold the car. I do think it could be considered as a possibility? There are always the small little things which can be done to make a ride just that bit better: like the background music, something I agree might help add to the atmosphere also.Let's hope Thorpe Park listen to the opinions of the riders? :) That said though, I'm glad to hear the pendulums are back up ^^ Hopefully all the effects they've sorted out will still be there on fright night when I'm going next.

I think Saw: The Ride is an amazing coaster, IMO it has the best theming in UK and is the 2nd best coaster in the park after Stealth. My favorite part of the ride is the first drop, I find it more thrilling than the 2nd drop for some reason. I think its because you actually feel like your going to hit the spike board and the swinging blades are amazing! You cannot really see the 2nd drops blades from above because they are thin but are great element to the ride from below. I was wondering the other if anyone knows if THORPE PARK have bought the rights for Saw permanently?