SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I was just checking out some rides at Flamingo Land on youtube and I came across this new roller coaster being built there,

, its gonna have a steeper drop than SAW, will it take away SAW's record? :D.
yes.'mumbo jumbo' will take away SAW's record for the steepest drop when it opens in the summer :)

I was just checking out some rides at Flamingo Land on youtube and I came across this new roller coaster being built there,

, its gonna have a steeper drop than SAW, will it take away SAW's record? :).
SAW will NOT lose its record for the steepest free-fall drop in the world.However, SAW will not (and actually is not) the steepest drop in the world. Currently, another S&S El Loco (like Flamingo Land's Mumbo Jumbo) in America called Steel Hawg has a 111 degree drop (do note, it is advertised as a 120 degree drop. It was changed but the advertisers didn't have enough time to change the adverts, etc.). When Mumbo Jumbo opens, with a 112 degree drop, it will be the steepest drop in the world.What makes SAW the steepest free-fall drop is the fact it is controlled by a brake on the drop, unlike El Locos. This means that El Loco drops are considered as controlled drops, and not free-fall drops. Basically, a load of Mumbo Jumbo (hence the name).And before anyone says it, the Screaming Squirrels LOOK HERE that is not considered as a drop as far as I'm aware. The saxophone elements on the ride are all brake runs that go round a drop, which thus classes them as a brake run, and not a drop.

SAW will NOT lose its record for the steepest free-fall drop in the world.However, SAW will not (and actually is not) the steepest drop in the world. Currently, another S&S El Loco (like Flamingo Land's Mumbo Jumbo) in America called Dragon Khan has a 111 degree drop (do note, it is advertised as a 120 degree drop. It was changed but the advertisers didn't have enough time to change the adverts, etc.). When Mumbo Jumbo opens, with a 112 degree drop, it will be the steepest drop in the world.What makes SAW the steepest free-fall drop is the fact it is controlled by a brake on the drop, unlike El Locos. This means that El Loco drops are considered as controlled drops, and not free-fall drops. Basically, a load of Mumbo Jumbo (hence the name).And before anyone says it, the Screaming Squirrels LOOK HERE that is not considered as a drop as far as I'm aware. The saxophone elements on the ride are all brake runs that go round a drop, which thus classes them as a brake run, and not a drop.

I didnt realise mumbo jumbo's drop was controlled

Haa lol, id personally love to go on Kingda Ka or TTD lol. For some reason id prefer to go on TTD, just because of the restraints lol.Sorry for going off topic :(.

Sorry for this but I would much rarther do Kingda Ka, simply to say that I have been on the highest and fastest and rollercoaster in the world and plus it has an airtime hill.Sorry for going off topic just though I would say that.

Just wondering before my visit to Thorpe tomorrow, Is Saw still running without the trims on the MCBR?I haven't ridden it without them on and I've heard it's much better without them on :(

To the best of my knowledge, SAW is still running without the MCBR trims. Well, it seemed like that on Tuesday - the dive loop was insane!

does anyone agree with me that Colossus is a much better ride? I have been on Saw twice this season and although it is very well themed the ride doesn't seem to be particularly good. Especicially outside because the poor speed and easy visibility means you know exactly whats coming up.

does anyone agree with me that Colossus is a much better ride? I have been on Saw twice this season and although it is very well themed the ride doesn't seem to be particularly good. Especicially outside because the poor speed and easy visibility means you know exactly whats coming up.

I can't really say yes or no to that as haven't been to THORPE PARK yet (while all rides open) :D Although, I can probably guarantee me agreeing that Colossus is a better ride as I love Colossus! ;)

Mumbo Jumbo at flamingo land wont take saw's record because firstly there is already a steeper ride then saw wich is simular to mumbo jumbo at indiana beach.. secondly saws record is for the worlds steepest "freefall" drop and mumbo jumbo has brakes on its drop wich make it non " freefall"

Mumbo Jumbo at flamingo land wont take saw's record because firstly there is already a steeper ride then saw wich is simular to mumbo jumbo at indiana beach.. secondly saws record is for the worlds steepest "freefall" drop and mumbo jumbo has brakes on its drop wich make it non " freefall"

We've already discovered this man :D, few pages back ;).