SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Have Thorpe Park stopped selling the SAW syringe pens?It's just that on Tuesday I couldn't find any in the SAW Store, The Thorpe Mega Store, or anywhere else for that matter. I know that many schools across the country have banned the pens, so I didn't know if Thorpe Park had stopped selling them.

Syringes pens were back in stock as of today. ;)

Well first of all Tobins Contract doesn't state that he is required to provide recordings for Rides & Attractions, just the film. Secondly, the audio isnt even created by Lionsgate.

I didn't say it did, or that it was ;) I said I would have thought that Lionsgate would be keen to get Tobin to do the audio simply because the ride is representive of their brand.

I said I would have thought that Lionsgate would be keen to get Tobin to do the audio simply because the ride is representive of their brand.

The audio has absolutely nothing to do with Lionsgate. All Lionsgate are involved in is having their logo on the ride and allowing the use of things like Billy.

The audio has absolutely nothing to do with Lionsgate. All Lionsgate are involved in is having their logo on the ride and allowing the use of things like Billy.

Yeah exactly. They don't need the actual voice over either. The one they have works fine and its only really meant for safety announcements etc, no one really pays attention to them tbh.

Have Thorpe Park stopped selling the SAW syringe pens?It's just that on Tuesday I couldn't find any in the SAW Store, The Thorpe Mega Store, or anywhere else for that matter. I know that many schools across the country have banned the pens, so I didn't know if Thorpe Park had stopped selling them.

Seriously? Those schools must suck, our teachers generally thought they looked cool, a couple weren't too impressed when people were pretending to shoot up in lessons but they wouldn't ban them.Thought it would be best to mention here, I had some chavs behind us queuing for saw, they were noisy gits, they were like 13 smoking, trying to start on us until I pushed one back and he tripped over his friend (they shut up then and just grunted a bit) but they were staring at these girls infront of us who were like 12 or 13, I'm 15 so I noticed their pretty faces and 'potential' but they were perverted little *****s. The tallest one who was about 15 as well I think, hadn't hit puberty so that was funny as well but no word of a lie, they actually spat at the people in the fast track queue, we were so close to turning round and beating the scrawny little ****s up.

Finally worked out Saws bump.Well basically its a change in radius. That makes it look like it has a flat spot. There is a sudden drop by litrally centermeters. I've used circles to make it stand out more, if you couldn't see it before. Posted Image Posted ImageBasically it does this:Posted ImageShould be roughly like this green line:Posted ImageHope some Thorpeys take a look at this next winter... I don't really like my neck cracking.

I went on SAW yesterday and personally I think the ride and effects are brilliant, but billys vioce was really ruined. They should of got Tobin to do the voice or at least someone who sounds more like him. The pendulums and spikes inside are so intense and when you get to the part with the cross bows and arrows, they really did make me scream, LOL. there wasnt any 'blood' coming from Jigsaw's body yesterday and I sat in the middle. It was a little bit of a let down, the ride though is a exellent experience and I will be going on it again. LOL, it broke down twice yesterday and when the people came off they were all sunburned. I did feel a bit sorry for them, but it was a bit funny. Does anyone know how you get the DVD of you on the ride? Because I really wanted one.SAW: The Ride is the best ;):D:D

Thats a bit of a let down, people who want it to look like they were in a SAW film wont be able to unless they go in the right seats. Next time I go I'll ask if I can sit in one of the film seats. Thanks for thw info master iskander

Trust me, it won't look like you're in a SAW film ;). All they do is put the footage of you on the ride on the DVD after some pre-recorded footage. It's not very technical, and in my opinion, not worth the £14. But hey, it's a nice souvenir to have I suppose.

:)thorpe like taking money off people don't they..are they still charging extra for collection later on during the day?and do they still do two SAW dvd's for £20?

I haven't had to pay for late collection at all (but then again I haven't bought any ride merchandise since the end of last year). I don't know about the two for £20, but I presume not. I would guess it would be more like 2 for £24.

Shocking the amount they pay staff when they get all this money.

I thought £5.80 per hour was pretty good. It's not exactly exploitation. And it's not like all of this extra money just goes into the mangers' paycheck. There are so many things in the park that cost incredible amounts of money. Even the small things that might not even cost as much, like the effects on rides (the mist on inferno, the squirty body on the floor of SAW etc.) don't come for free, and all of these little extra costs do add up.

I haven't had to pay for late collection at all (but then again I haven't bought any ride merchandise since the end of last year). I don't know about the two for £20, but I presume not. I would guess it would be more like 2 for £24.

yeah you used to have to pay 50p extra I think ;)

Next time I go I'll ask if I can sit in one of the film seats. Thanks for thw info master iskander

Staff do not know exactly what cars are successfully recording and what are not - what I mean is they know that 5 out of 8 cars are recording, and they probably know what number cars are recording, but they can't find out and hold you up in the queue. It is bad enough staff are being asked all the time if people can sit in the front, they won't want people asking to be put into a car that is recording as well.