SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I tell ya the one thing that annoys me with Saw and that is the fact that people who have been on lots of other rollercoasters get to the top of Saw's tower and scream their head off before going down. OK, so it's more vertical and there are worser drops. Like Stealth perhaps?On my very first Saw ride I got to the top, glanced down, and thought "OK, whatever, bothered, that's nothing" and then went down the drop. It really didn't scare me. It really was nothing new for me even though Oblivion is the closest I've come to a drop that steep before now. It was as if I had ridden a drop like Saw's before my very first Saw ride.

I tell ya the one thing that annoys me with Saw and that is the fact that people who have been on lots of other rollercoasters get to the top of Saw's tower and scream their head off before going down. OK, so it's more vertical and there are worser drops. Like Stealth perhaps?On my very first Saw ride I got to the top, glanced down, and thought "OK, whatever, bothered, that's nothing" and then went down the drop. It really didn't scare me. It really was nothing new for me even though Oblivion is the closest I've come to a drop that steep before now. It was as if I had ridden a drop like Saw's before my very first Saw ride.

Really?!I found it to be and look quite steep, from the top, and although I didn't scream I can see why people would/do, with the blades and everything!Plus screaming/shouting is all the fun of it, not really screaming because it's scary!I found going up far worse however, the weirdest thing I’ve ever experienced on a roller coaster.

To people that have been on Oblivion at Alton Towers.I did not want to go on Oblivion last time I was at Alton Towers but I really want to go on SAW: The Ride at THORPE PARK.Do you think if people can go on SAW: The Ride, you can cope with Oblivion at Alton Towers?Thanks! :lol:

I ain't been alton or Oblivion, but I sure would like too :D I think if you can deal with Saw then it wouldn't be bad at all, it just different for it holds you at the top. Go on them both :D

I ain't been alton or Oblivion, but I sure would like too :lol: I think if you can deal with Saw then it wouldn't be bad at all, it just different for it holds you at the top. Go on them both :D

To be fair Lordcutter, If you don't know what Oblivion is like. It don't answer my question! :D Thanks anyway though! :D

To people that have been on Oblivion at Alton Towers.I did not want to go on Oblivion last time I was at Alton Towers but I really want to go on SAW: The Ride at THORPE PARK.Do you think if people can go on SAW: The Ride, you can cope with Oblivion at Alton Towers?Thanks! :lol:

Honestly, if you can cope with SAW, you'll be fine with Oblivion. Oblivion's drop is much smoother and longer, as well as being more fun. Therefore, you'll cope fine.As for the whole screaming thing, I do believe that for quite a lot of people, screaming is a way of releasing the adrenaline that is made when you're on such thrill rides. I know many people who scream on rides after they've been on it many times, for fun, or as a way to release the adrenaline. While I find the drop and the blades rather bland and more for show, some people may find screaming helps (that, or they are just generally scared).

Personally I think Oblivion's drop is more forceful and fun than any other's I've been on (including Sheikra) which makes it my favourite drop ever. I agree with others saying about saws drop being for show and that if you can do saw you can do Oblivion

To people that have been on Oblivion at Alton Towers.I did not want to go on Oblivion last time I was at Alton Towers but I really want to go on SAW: The Ride at THORPE PARK.Do you think if people can go on SAW: The Ride, you can cope with Oblivion at Alton Towers?Thanks!

Oblivion is much better and funner you will enjoy it more than SAW.

As for the whole screaming thing, I do believe that for quite a lot of people, screaming is a way of releasing the adrenaline that is made when you're on such thrill rides. I know many people who scream on rides after they've been on it many times, for fun, or as a way to release the adrenaline. While I find the drop and the blades rather bland and more for show, some people may find screaming helps (that, or they are just generally scared).

Haha this is definitely true. I've generally found when it comes to adrenaline-provoking rides, I tend to break out in hysterical laughter o.O Especially on Samurai and Stealth, Saw was more.. going up the lift hill = stream fo expletives. But I don't see why anyone should complain about the noise of people screaming, it's a theme park after all.

Bloody hell looks like I'm gonna have to start going sundays again instead of weekdays if thats what the queues are like!And excuse me no one use Alfonso's name in vein! I'm sure if he broke the gate it wasn't his fault tongue.gif

Yeah, today was great, the queues were tiny, the weather was great apart from a few showers and the staff were very funny today :lol:

I cant remeber his name but whilst queueing for saw today a member of staff was walking up and down the stairs on the fastrack side fo the gate scaring people it was very funny. also when I queued for saw today the queue was 45 mins on the board but it felt like 1hour. got on stealth seven times though, 6 times at the front.

Bloody hell looks like I'm gonna have to start going sundays again instead of weekdays if thats what the queues are like! And excuse me no one use Alfonso's name in vein! I'm sure if he broke the gate it wasn't his fault :lol:

Well I got into the que at 3 and got off at 4 and the que was still 30-45 mins, I think that a bit short.